Space Trek - Lost?

ti-99/4a BBS

28 replies to this topic

#26 jgerrie OFFLINE  

jgerrie

Space Invader

• 10 posts

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:13 PM

I didn't think the phasers were too bad.  500 will usually get one of them.  I only use them when the Klingons cloak, and then it's off for a fill up at the nearest starbase.  I had noticed the lack of any navigational anomalies to deal with. However, if you destroy a base with a PT you can be blasted someplace at random, but I don't see that happening often... 

8 bytes per numeric variable, eh?!   Every numeric variable is floating point in the MC-10, and they each take 5 bytes to encode.  Must be much higher accuracy on the TI, but that's what you'd expect from TI!  But numeric vars are pretty fast in Micro Color Basic....  Store as string vars instead?

#27 adamantyr OFFLINE  

adamantyr

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,193 posts

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:17 PM

I actually just found an error in my code calculations for them... :)

It's still pretty high though; a Klingon has 200 points of shield power, and you effectively divide your power expenditure by distance, which means a distance of 4 requires 800 points... and that's BEFORE the 0.2-1.2 random adjustment is added.

Looking over my code, it's nearly ready, so I think I'll publish it here shortly... I may look into the "short range scanner" version afterwards too.

#28 Ed in SoDak OFFLINE  

Ed in SoDak

Moonsweeper

• 264 posts

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:05 PM

]I always liked this version by Mike de Frank called Supertrek 1.2 as the filename but Star Trek or Super Star Trek in the splash screens when you run it. This one was my favorite of what I found for the TI.

File size in emulation is 24k, all in XB. Here's a couple screen shots.

-Ed

Attached File  supertrek1.jpg   8.42KB   2 downloads

#29 Ed in SoDak OFFLINE  

Ed in SoDak

Moonsweeper

• 264 posts

Posted Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:07 PM

I always liked this version by Mike de Frank called Supertrek as the filename but Star Trek 1.2 or Super Star Trek 1.20 in the splash screens when you run it. This one was my favorite of the various "Treks" I found back then for the TI.

A bit slow and tedious, but a game you can run while doing something else. When baddies pop up, Kirk always gets in the first licks. While Kirk, Doc and Scotty sip a few Romulan Ales, ship and crew sit patiently and await their orders. I put shields at 1500 and blast with phasers set around 500 to 1000. Usually clears the sector and a starbase is often close by to resupply.

File size in emulation is 24k, all in XB. Here's a couple screen shots.

-Ed

Attached File  supertrek1.jpg   8.42KB   2 downloads

Attached Files

Edited by Ed in SoDak, Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:22 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ti-99/4a, BBS

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users