Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum and I had a question that I wanted to ask, but was not sure if this is the right place to post (please forgive me).

I recently purchased an Atari Lynx II (love the system), but unfortunately the forward button on the D-pad behaves as if it's always pressed down. This prevents me from playing the 5 awsome games that I got with my system. I started to read-up on this and some people claim that it's a capacitor issue, I did disassemble and cleaned the system multiple times to eliminate any other possibilitys.

Can some one please let me know if this is a capacitor issue ?

Dose anyone know which capacitor it is (if it's a capacitor issue) ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like the pad that makes contact with the board needs to be cleaned. This happened to my B button after a lot of use. After taking my Lynx apart and cleaning the contacts with a Q-tip and alcohol it was as good as new. Also, if you're taking apart your Lynx to do this, you might as well clean the contacts on all of the buttons. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tip Emehr

That was one of the first things I did when I took my system apart, but unfortunately it still behaves in the same way. I did only clean the D-pad, maybe I also need to clean the other buttons as well.

Do you think I would need to clean all the buttons ?

Tank you GadgetUK

I will try this out and see if I can get my Lynx working . Sorry for not replying to the other post, I think my notifications were disabled (noob mistake). I will keep posting with my progress as soon as I get the chance to operate my Lynx again ;)

Got it to work !!!!

I took the system apart, then I cleaned the button layout board with Windex ( i didn't have any alcohol at hand ) . I also notice that the robin cable had some of it's leads FUBAR'ed , so I took a pair of scissors and timed off about 2mm from the button layout board robin. One of those things fixed my button issue.

Thanks for your help GadgetUK and Emehr