IGNORED

found an Apple II Plus at work, has issues

My IIgs was around $30 + $10 for the keyboard and it doesn't have any or has minimal yellowing.

But that's been a few years ago so $50 is probably appropriate.

Most come without the IIgs boot disks but Apple fans would probably be happy to make some disks for you.

I 2nd the vote for the CFFA card. I bought one of the originals and loved it so much I bought the CFFA3000 when it came out.

I also purchased a 4MB RAM card.

Osgeld, I take it that you are not a fan of the Performa/LC? Why not? That is a very generous offer, though. I do appreciate it. I'm gonna throw a few things on the marketplace this week to stack up my paypal; how much is shipping, ballpark? Any software you wanna sell?

Now, since we've already deviated from the original topic, I see no problem throwing some other Mac questions out there. Such as: is there really any difference between a IIGS and a Mac? I seem to remember the IIGS being quite the ass kicking machine in grammer school.

problem with the lcII is the ram (it tops out at 10megs though like me you have 12 in it) and lack of newbus, no clue on shipping its not that large or heavy though I will gather info in the morning

the IIGS is a different system totally from the mac, and focuses more on graphics and sound (hince GS), the WDC cpu in it is the 16 bit step up from the 6502 and retains backwards compatibility with the 8 bit machines, and the m68000 in the mac has no idea what a 6502 is

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious - what were the circumstances of this discovery? What sort of place do you work in?

I work in a school that shares space with a Goodwill e-waste depot. I bought the machine for $30.

I found a buyer who is going to fix it. I am charging him the $30 that I originally paid plus shipping.