IGNORED

JackAttack Inbound

GadgetUK

Hi,

Here's a quick WIP, only spent a few hours yesterday. I would say around 60% of the mechanics are there, just need to fix a bug relating to jumping and pushing blocks. Get the bitmap text working - I am not using the 'text out' method for this game due to RAM used and the general look being too big. That 63 is just coordinate debug info. I've done the gfx for all the sprite, just need to put some additional code to make them move - they are effectively just other blocks that move (logically).

jack1.jpg

Edited by GadgetUK
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was considering a PCB release where the costs and postage would be the only costs - ie. cost of PCB, EPROM and postage but nothing for profit at all. I've reconsidered this and feel it would be wrong to do this for these particular games. That said I won't stop anyone else wanting to do that, provided they don't start trying to make profit from it.

Edited by GadgetUK

'tis a shame Gadget..but one can only do so much. I'd like to think anyone doing that would be for personal use only. Some people out there, as we know, have no morals.

Anyway I wouldn't know how to do that. I'm toying with the idea of a flashcard, but frankly, I'd need to justify time over expense! So may just stick with good old Handy!

If I can get some PCB's made up I might just get a few done for friends (at cost). I will talk to Lynxman and see how much he can do PCB's for.

EDIT: I just don't want to be seen as doing this to make any money - I am not in this for money...

Edited by GadgetUK

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I will get back on with JackAttack and Lynx Ops at some point. Jack Attack progressed pretty well, I was having some trouble with block movement when falling / jumping etc, the ability to move blocks around is all in there, the blocks fall off the bonus platforms when bonus expires, and the bonus platform decreased thickness like its supposed to do as time decreases. I also implemented a sprite text output system so the scores, live, timers displayed etc are all in their own tiny font, making better use of the screen and making it look like the C64 version. The only things to do are implement options / demo mode, add the enemy sprite movement in and then script up the levels and segment levels into blocks of 10 in ROM. Finally I would need to add a few sound effects - probably not much effort. DerLuchs already provided a great intro tune for it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...