IGNORED

ccc---'s Collection ...

ccc---

I got a Philips Videopac G7000 at Christmas 1982 and moved on to a G7400 one year later and an Atari 130XE in autumn 1985. After I bought my first PC in the early 1990s I noticed that this is not the real thing and started collecting the old games, at the first only for Videopac, to complete my library from the 80s, later also for other 8 bit systems.

Problem was that I always had stored my collection in banana boxes in the cellar of our appartment. To enjoy my collection I had to go down in the cellar, open the boxes and put the games out. Non-satisfying. Three years ago my grandma, who lives only a few minutes away, told me that she had a room which she doesn't use anymore. That was a great opportunity to use it as a video games room. Finally I could put my games in shelves. Very satisfying!

So here is a video featuring the biggest part of my video games collection.

What is not in this video? Atari Lynx and Jaguar (those are in the basement right under the video games room), all the loose carts, most of the hardware, my Atarisoft collection and some other minor systems.

I would love to take detailled photos too, but I have to find the time for a photo session. Maybe next winter ;-)

• Like 3

Very nice setup. Also looks to be a very nice and peaceful place to play as well. Thank you for sharing.

It is indeed. I love to be there (5 minutes by car from our appartment) an chill there, playing on the consoles or the arcade machine, or just standing in front of the shelves and putting out some game boxes, open them, reading the instructions and putting them back in the shelves again :-)

• 1 month later...

Wow, that room is amazing! A slow tear is rolling down my cheek as I type :)

Seriously though, very nice room. The birds chirping in the background remind me of summer in the 80s (we had a lot of birds in our area back then) very cool!

Many thanks! :)

It is exactly that "summer in the 80s" atmosphere that this room is bringing back! It was not really intended first, but I am very happy that it worked out so well. I lived there in the 80s and spent the summers with my cousin exactly there in the garden, or in my room which is located on the floor above, playing with toy cars or Lego or, of course, playing video games!

These days, when we are in the garden with the children, me wearing only my bathing trunks on a hot summer day, coming out of the pool, slipping in the game room for some arcade games like we did on vacation back then, hearing my wife telling me to change my wet bathing trunks like my mom did back then ... :D ... and I am back in the 80s again, forgetting all the stress that adults have, feeling completely untroubled again, at least for half an hour or so ... :thumbsup:

Edited by ccc---
  • Like 4

That's also a very cool pirate fort in the tree next to the door. Did you build that as a kid or more recently for your kids?

Yes, it's cool. My kids built it with my dad about 10 years ago. I wasn't allowed to build such things as a kid, my grandpa was too concerned about hurting the trees ... :)