IGNORED

Elansar Jaguar

Orion_

Would you buy Elansar for Jaguar  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Elansar for Jaguar

• Yes, Cartridge only + Manual [40~45 euros or ~55 US$]
    • No, It's too expensive
    • Yes, Only if it come with a complete cardboard box! (no matter what is the price)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hello everyone!

The release of my adventure game Elansar for the Atari Jaguar is near.

I just received 100 PCB flash cartridge for Jaguar :)

However, I run a small logistical problems, and so it would be easier for me to offer the game, on cartridge, but without a complete cardboard box like the original games.

It is indeed very pleasant for collectors, but it requires a fairly substantial amount of work, which greatly increase the final price and add postal mail problem.

So I set up here a small survey to gather the opinions of potential buyer :)

Please answer seriously! :)

Edited by Orion_
  • Like 6

:-)

I have similar plans for future Reboot stuff... carts "for gamers" - cart, shell, label and no more. RGCD could then offer the same game in an RGCD standard case (consistent with their C64 game releases and almost the exact same height as our DVD-boxed CD games). If someone like Gaztee can then offer Atari-style boxes at a later date then that's even better but, as Orion says, there's just too much effort required in doing it all ourselves.

My vote is for a cart, shell and label for Elansar with an option of a box at a later date (the same kind of thing people did with past cart-only releases).

Clam shell cases are fine for me, as stated, they are the same height as DVD cases, and aren't fragile like original boxes. Yes, I like releases that have original boxes, but I also like the clam shell cases, as long as Jaguar cartridges fit, and they are no taller than DVD. I'd rather not have just cartridge only, with no container, like B&C, that is really cheap, but I'll take the games how I can get them. In the end, collectors will collect a game if it has a box or not, and if it never came with a box, then it's mint without a box to worry about, and if a custom box is made later by the end user, that's just bonus.

If it's actually cheaper to have clam shell cases and a jaguar cartridge properly fits in it, with DVD-style cover art, than it is to have cardboard boxes made, then I think all publishers should use them for their original releases, they keep much better anyway.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2

Just cartridge is good with me, I'd just chuck the insert and flatten the box and stick it somewhere in the loft anyway. Definitely want to snag one of these once available.

Why would you chuck the protective insert when it can be flattened too? It's not CIB without the insert, just cartridge with box.

Why would you chuck the protective insert when it can be flattened too? It's not CIB without the insert, just cartridge with box.

But that cardboard insert takes up space that could be used by something else, I live in quite a small flat so packaging generally gets thrown away. I'm never going to use the card insert so it serves no purpose keeping it.

Whenever I buy games anyway I prefer cartridge only thanks to AtariAge providing digital access to the manuals.

• Like 1