IGNORED

Elansar Jaguar

Orion_

Would you buy Elansar for Jaguar  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy Elansar for Jaguar

• Yes, Cartridge only + Manual [40~45 euros or ~55 US$]
    • No, It's too expensive
    • Yes, Only if it come with a complete cardboard box! (no matter what is the price)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

yikes. is the game that bad? I did have a chance to play it for a bit about ten years ago at MGC show, and I know I didn't care for the game play, but I'm not sure how far along the game was in development at the time...I figured it would have gotten better, but maybe that was the final i played and the release was just delayed for years and years?

I wasn't about to get into a game bashing debate on Mad Bodies... Some people loved it and some people hated it. I didn't care for it and sold it. However the release itself was very well put together and came in a great case with a foam insert and nice artwork.

I'm ok with the clam shells not being the same size as my other Jaguar boxes, as long as they are the same height as my DVD cases I have all my Jag CD's in now, so they fit nicely on the shelf with the CD games, with all boxed games on another shelf above or below. Jaguar owners don't have them all uniform anyway, from cartridge box, to large CD box, to several CD games coming only in the carboard folder or jewel case. But all official releases had some sort of box or case, except ICD Aircars with it's box insert only. Even Cybermorph boxes are for sale if you want a box for it (pack-in version).

I guess I'm just used to this :D

http://orph.atarinet.com/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=5491

Boxes of every size

post-6732-0-92878600-1370801960_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm ok with the clam shells not being the same size as my other Jaguar boxes, as long as they are the same height as my DVD cases I have all my Jag CD's in now, so they fit nicely on the shelf with the CD games, with all boxed games on another shelf above or below. Jaguar owners don't have them all uniform anyway, from cartridge box, to large CD box, to several CD games coming only in the carboard folder or jewel case. But all official releases had some sort of box or case, except ICD Aircars with it's box insert only. Even Cybermorph boxes are for sale if you want a box for it (pack-in version).

I wasn't going to mention this just yet as it's not 100% finalised, but our carts released through RGCD are going to look like these C64 releases of theirs:

843923_419115251507369_1139974357_o.jpg

They are going to be RGCD standard releases and I'm really pleased about that personally. As you can see with Kobayashi Maru in the middle of those, they use of the Universal Videogame Box which is maybe a few mm different to a DVD box and there should be no problem matching a box design to the way we've been doing CD releases with them (ie very much based on the original Atari Jaguar boxes).

Hopefully anyone else releasing on cart through RGCD in future will do likewise. Then we can work on that ratio of C64 to Jaguar and rather than the 20:1 above we'll be closer to parity one day ;0)

• Like 5

I wasn't going to mention this just yet as it's not 100% finalised, but our carts released through RGCD are going to look like these C64 releases of theirs:

They are going to be RGCD standard releases and I'm really pleased about that personally. As you can see with Kobayashi Maru in the middle of those, they use of the Universal Videogame Box which is maybe a few mm different to a DVD box and there should be no problem matching a box design to the way we've been doing CD releases with them (ie very much based on the original Atari Jaguar boxes).

Hopefully anyone else releasing on cart through RGCD in future will do likewise. Then we can work on that ratio of C64 to Jaguar and rather than the 20:1 above we'll be closer to parity one day ;0)

I really like these boxes. I could easily see putting all of your games into these. I think we should close this poll and start a new one including the option for this case and another for 'I could care less, just give me a good quality game'. I think you will see much different results.

Well,

843923_419115251507369_1139974357_o.jpg

Well, I've seen cases that look like those RGCD cart cases before, and the ones I've come across are too narrow for a Jaguar cartridge with the curved handle, they won't close properly. I hope it isn't the case with the RGCD cases, and that would be ok, though I'd prefer the slightly thicker, and identically sized to DVD black clam-shell cases like the one for KA Aircars that i showed in the link. That's what I had in mind. If the RGCD cases can properly fit Jaguar cartridges, then thy are barely accepable to me, better than no box/case at all, but that's it.

I remind all, that I do still prefer real boxes, and I'd also prefer clam-shell casing that is black and the same height as DVD cases, close to DVD height and clear is barely acceptable to me. (And centering the DVD case in the picture doesn't hide anything from me, I can tell it's a fair amount taller than those RGCD cases-standing upright on my shelves it will be an obvious difference)

Edited by Gunstar

I remind all, that I do still prefer real boxes, and I'd also prefer clam-shell casing that is black and the same height as DVD cases, close to DVD height and clear is barely acceptable to me. (And centering the DVD case in the picture doesn't hide anything from me, I can tell it's a fair amount taller than those RGCD cases-standing upright on my shelves it will be an obvious difference)

Well you can not buy our cart games the same as you don't buy our CD games :lol:

• Like 1

Like it! I make music and put my music on CD..but I still have to make the CD booklet and covers..otherwise it's just a CD and therefore not complete ;)

And then people download the mp3 regardless and don't keep it in any physical form.....

• Like 2