IGNORED

Two free games per month with XBLA

Master Phruby

Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising: Case Zero are both free this week. Personally I think it's a great way to build up a 360 game library and if I like the game enough I'll buy the DLC's for them (I see what you did there Microsoft...) Plus it's a nice way to justify paying for Gold when I don't get a chance to play online with others. Shame I missed out on Fable 3 though...

• 2 weeks later...

For the record, this is MTG 2013, last years game, not the latest version.

I actually find these game pretty decent, if you're a MTG fan anyways.

Usually when you buy the games when they first come out, they will give you a free physical card, or cards. Pretty cool.

When I bought MTG 2014 for $9.99, they gave me a mini booster pack of cards. Even says Xbox 360 on the pack!

post-544-0-41869600-1378238181_thumb.jpg

I'll Download MTG2013, I have the first two, and most of their content, I was just thinking the other day of getting 2013, just for the sake of having the latest cards.

Of course, if your not a MTG fan, it'll do nothing for you (or a card battle gamer in genearl) but it's a decent enough game if you like them.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't got that big a games collection (about 15-20) but so far I've had all the games on offer. Magic: The Gathering was the first one that I didn't have but didn't bother with it. Vegas, on the other hand ... I had Vegas 2 but never played the first one. The entire COD franchise up till now can go lick Vegas 2's balls.

• 2 weeks later...

Might and Magic Clash of Hero's is one of my favorite games.. I played it on the DS and only recently bought it on XBLive dammit :( For the record, if you like Puzzle Quest this is kind of along the same lines where they take a game like Columns (whereas Puzzle Quest was Bejeweled) and blend it with RPG/Battle elements. Good fun.

• Like 1

Yes I agree Might and Magic is a class act. I've played through and beat the game.

Need to fire it back up and see if there were any achievements I still needed.

Halo 3 is great also, but I'm pretty sure most people that care about Halo have played that to death already.

It's like giving someone a free pair of socks. Thanks for the socks, I have 2 dozen pair already. They couldn't find a better,spookier game for October!?

• 2 months later...

I noticed Microsoft is finally having Steamish type sales now. Red Dead Redemption for $7.50 is great.

They probably want to get what they can out of the 360 library what they can, so I expect to see older games like this on the cheap like this. Not so bad for the 360… the discs can get so damaged. For the PS3, the discs are generally more durable, so if I have to pay a little more for a physical copy in the sale bin, I genially get that.

Red Dead Redemption can easily be bought at retail for $10-$15 these days, so it's a good price but not an amazing one.

It's odd but I saw someone just the other day say that PS3 discs are more susceptible to being damaged by minor scratches and such. Not sure what reality is, but with horizontally oriented systems and carefully inserting and removing discs and storing them in their cases when not in use, I've had no damage issues over the past 7 years since I become a 360 owner with the 360's DVD discs (And the past five where I've owned both with the PS3's Blu-Ray game discs).

Edited by Atariboy

Red Dead Redemption can easily be bought at retail for $10-$15 these days, so it's a good price but not an amazing one.

It's odd but I saw someone just the other day say that PS3 discs are more susceptible to being damaged by minor scratches and such. Not sure what reality is, but with horizontally oriented systems and carefully inserting and removing discs and storing them in their cases when not in use, I've had no damage issues over the past 7 years since I become a 360 owner with the 360's DVD discs (And the past five where I've owned both with the PS3's Blu-Ray game discs).

That is probably because we take care of our discs.

And I am probably being more anecdotal about this…. generally have had better luck finding a PS3 copy. It could be the 360 version has passed through more hands.

Edited by cybercylon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...