IGNORED

T-card» INT'L DEMO (first version) Mattel Intellivision - 6 EPROM

scalpel

Yes, I bought it yesterday.

The seller said he don't know another one in the world... But I read somewhere one other was found in 2002, so I think someone has another one. Is it true or maybe, the one I bought was the one found in 2002... ?

I didn't test it yet 'cause I'm in Paris and my Intellivision are in Avignon (South of France)

Edited by scalpel

Very nice! I would say this a rare find within the rare finds!

Does the demo cart has the same content as the usual cart or is it extended?

The seller told me it's 6 demo games. So, it's different. I will take picture (or video) as I can.

Tempest (sorry if I don't have to name it...) said in 2002 in other very known forum this :

T-Cards are VERY rare (yes rarer than NES protos). I've only seen maybe 10, and they were all in the hands of long time Intellivision collectors. The last one I saw was on Ebay (the only time I've seen one on Ebay mind you), and it went for $600+.

This T-card contains 6 EPROM's. There are also some DIP-switches, probably to configure the memory mapping and address decoding circuitry.

Edited by scalpel

Tempest (sorry if I don't have to name it...) said in 2002 in other very known forum this :

T-Cards are VERY rare (yes rarer than NES protos). I've only seen maybe 10, and they were all in the hands of long time Intellivision collectors. The last one I saw was on Ebay (the only time I've seen one on Ebay mind you), and it went for $600+.

This T-card contains 6 EPROM's. There are also some DIP-switches, probably to configure the memory mapping and address decoding circuitry.

Normally T-Carts are used for prototypes. I've never seen a T-Cart used for a demo cart.

From the Sean Kelly's collection. There are 2 ?

they are some other prototypes. yours is the first int'l demo prototype i have ever seen. voltron and y-bot might have some too as they have several protos. and there was a person selling like 6 tcards at some point in time last year i believe. Edited by pimpmaul69

here is another shot from the museum that I had, I've cropped it and enlarged it so you can read the writing on the labels. And in case you didn't guess, different cge than the one in the above pictures

tcard.jpg

Edited by evg2000