IGNORED

ANTIC the Atari 8bit Podcast is now available

Subby

ANTIC Episode 30 - Robots Have Taken Over!

http://ataripodcast.libsyn.com/antic-episode-30-robots-have-taken-over

On this episode of ANTIC the atari 8-bit podcast: Kevin causes a robot invasion in Portland, Bill Kendrick goes ultra-mega-retro gaming with Game ‘N Watch inspired games for the Atari, Randy wraps up the retrochallenge, and we still manage to keep the podcast under 3h 21m.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

The Action! programs I've been putting on Github, I've been replacing the non-printable ATASCI characters as published with character codes so that they can be displayed online. For example, in Killer Chess:

https://github.com/billlange1968/Killer-Chess/blob/main/killer.act

image.thumb.png.586bd14f49fe70b33a1bdd17e8da731b.png

is replaced with ...

image.png.d5d084705126fe642c62d455c5344285.png

Of course this make the programs longer, but they are easier to read online.

Bill

• Like 1

are you leaving the original version as well, that way someone can still type it in quickly the old fashioned way? Atascii graphics keying is a pretty easy thing to do. My old achy wrists hands and fingers don't want to type that much anymore

• 5 weeks later...

Still listening to Podcast 99.  What's happened in the last 10 years / what were you doing 10 years ago when the first ANTIC Podcast came out.

I really am glad the ANTIC podcast got this full team together, really awesome to hear the stories.  I hear Mr. Fujinet in there (he deserves the praise), and I think the AVGCart person - "The Modern Atari 8bit computer" - really funny when he said "over the last 10 years I changed jobs,  I changed wives"..  :).   Both of these creators have done a lot for the community, thank you!.  I'm sure there are more voices I'll figure out as I finish listening (Altirra is awesome..).   

FWIW 10 years ago listening to the ANTIC podcast was a nice break from the stresses of life when I started an extra long commute to a new job (over the next 2 years).  At the time just having something talking about Atari / something that has always been fun and nothing else was a great way to relax during the commute.   I've missed a lot of episodes, and look forward to going back in time a bit :).

Thanks again ANTIC Podcast Team! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Xebec said:

FWIW 10 years ago listening to the ANTIC podcast was a nice break from the stresses of life when I started an extra long commute to a new job (over the next 2 years).  At the time just having something talking about Atari / something that has always been fun and nothing else was a great way to relax during the commute.   I've missed a lot of episodes, and look forward to going back in time a bit :).

Thanks again ANTIC Podcast Team! 

Had almost exact experiences myself :)

And you said it perfectly "... having something talking about Atari / something that has always been fun and nothing else was a great way to relax...".

Thanks ANTIC podcast team, you people are awesome!

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words!  We are humbled by the response we've gotten for our 10th anniversary.  As long as people listen (all 3 of you!), we'll continue to publish.

I know I personally enjoy taking a weekend every month and making sure to catch up on the happenings in the Atari world that I might have missed so we can talk about it on the podcast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to listening to those interviews you guys mentioned from the last episode. Nice to hear every one talk in #99. Hopefully you guys got something special for Episode #100. Not to put any pressure on the three of you. :)

• Like 1

Congrats on your 10th anniversary! Thanks for helping me get back into the Atari 8-bit hobby. I greatly appreciate all your hard work and dedication to our wonderful community. Looking forward to commenting on page 20 of this thread when the 20th anniversary episode is announced :)

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 6/21/2013 at 10:38 AM, Subby said:

ANTIC the Atari 8bit Podcast is now available for your podcast listening pleasure.

Thanks for 10+ years of Atari goodness. I have been going back and listening to the early episodes (1-15 so far) and have been really enjoying them. They have reminded me of some things I would like to revisit or had forgotten. Also, I love the infectious enthusiasm of the early podcasts. Rock on Brad, Kay, and Randy!!!

24 minutes ago, scitari said:

Thanks for 10+ years of Atari goodness. I have been going back and listening to the early episodes (1-15 so far) and have been really enjoying them. They have reminded me of some things I would like to revisit or had forgotten. Also, I love the infectious enthusiasm of the early podcasts. Rock on Brad, Kay, and Randy!!!

Jason, appreciate the kind words.  I hope one or more projects for http://www.atariprojects.org come out of it!

We need to figure out how to get that infectious enthusiasm back! :)

Edited by rkindig
  • Like 1