IGNORED

Atari CX-10 joystick.

LightestEnd

Hello I stumbled upon what I believe to be CX-10 joystick. Could anyone give me a description with details and history on the joystick. I know it's less sensitive with better build materials (rubber stick for example) and that try account for (I heard) only 5% of all the joysticks ever made. Any info? SIDENOTE: Anyone have a H6R adapter. I want to complete my set and that adapters all I'm missing.

Edited by LightestEnd

The CX-10 joysticks were packaged with the heavy sixer models in 1977. Appearance wise, they look pretty much the same as any other first party joystick, except the CX-10s don't say 'TOP' and there is no rubber ring holding the stick. They are quite rare due to their horrible failure rate and poor sales. Hope you find a power adapter.

• 6 years later...
1 hour ago, bradhig1 said:

I just got a CX-10 sometimes it doesn't quite respond to direction changes is this normal.

The dome contacts inside may have flattened/weakened ... if you do remove the board take pics for the color code of existing wires from what I remember they are printed wrong on the board