IGNORED

Poll: Aquarius Owners; Do you have a Mini-Expander for your system?

29 members have voted

1. 1. If you own an Aquarius, do you also own the Mini-Expander module?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Just curious. Jaybird3rd is considering making a second version of his fabulous Aquaricart that will include games that require the memory module. These games will either need to be reworked in order to run without using a memory expansion, or people without the Mini-Expander and it's extra cartridge slot would be SOL.

• Like 1

Thanks for starting this poll! I've been interested to learn how many Aquarius owners have the Mini Expander. (I do seem to recall seeing a similar poll before, but that would have been a while ago and the collecting landscape has changed since then.)

About the Aquaricart II games: requiring the Mini Expander and a RAM cartridge is an option of last resort, but I'm going to do everything I can to try to rework the games to run from the cartridge ROM first. In principle, that conversion process should be similar to converting Atari 400/800 games to the 5200, which (as I understand it) mainly involves relocating code and changing memory addresses.

We've seen lots of great 5200 conversions, and if all goes well, I'll be able to offer a nice "plug-and-play" collection of Aquarius games in the Aquaricart II, without the hassles of finding a 16K RAM module and loading from the cassette. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.

I own two european Aquarius' and I have for both Mini Expander. It seems not so rare to me.

Just look at E-bay offerings comparing the European and US ones! European versions are mostly sold with only a tape recorder and not those bulk packages like in the States with the Expander and Cartridges included! That's also why third party games are mostly European (UK) and on tape.

I don't mind a new run of Multi-Carts. The more people that have such things the better. I'm more interested in his other wacky ideas, though. Or, rather, mine! Single Game programmable flash carts. Compact Flash to Aquarius adapters. A new run of Super Duper Expanders so we can add 16 thingies. How about a cable to connect your Aquarius to a PC and use it as a slave for additional memory, storage, etc..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...