IGNORED

Hive multi-cart - It's alive!

Deep within the darkest deepest recesses of the hive a lone bee worked tirelessly day and night to bring you...

post-21935-0-67842400-1373122937_thumb.jpgpost-21935-0-58597400-1373122949_thumb.jpg <---- Click to enlarge

post-21935-0-31073600-1373122963_thumb.jpgpost-21935-0-98894100-1373122974_thumb.jpg <---- Click to enlarge

post-21935-0-42658100-1373122983_thumb.jpgpost-21935-0-06449800-1373122996_thumb.jpg <---- Click to enlarge

Inty cam footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJp2-7QNwac

Thanks to sh3-rg and Reboot for hosting the video on their YouTube channel.

Tech stuff :-

• FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 compatible.
  • Long filenames supported (VFAT).
  • Files are displayed in white, folders are in yellow.
  • 8K, 16K and 32K *.rom files supported so far.
  • 8K/16K *.bin files (with built in simple database lookup) supported so far.
  • The "TestRoms" folder contains 150 8.3 filenames.
  • The number in the top right of the video is the "busy indicator".
Still to do :-
  • Fix the need to manually reset the Inty after loading a ROM.
  • Analyse as many ROM files as possible and fill out the *.bin database for all 125 legacy games (and the protos).
  • Files larger than the available RAM will be played from the cart microcontroller's flash memory instead.
  • Add support for *.bin+*.cfg and *.int game ROMs.
  • Improve CC3/Intellicart compatibility.
  • Add ECS RAM compatibility.
  • Save/load configuration options to/from on board I2C memory.
  • Support USB hard drive class (so the whole cart acts like a thumb drive).
  • In field upgradeable BIOS.
  • Beautify the file/folder explorer.
  • Probably a bunch of other stuff ;).
  • Like 22

looks great!. One suggestion, would it be possible to have some kind of config file to change the colors for folders and files? I'm colorblind and looking at the video very little difference between the two for me. Just a thought

• Like 1

Hey, would you be interested in substituting the classic-but-crappy Mattel GROM fonts with a custom set? I could design it for you. I just hate the built-in set.

I quite like the built in font. It screams "INTELLIVISION!" to me :lol:. I'll be using a fair few GRAM cards for beautification purposes so there won't be enough left to get a full set of upper and lower case characters (along with a good set of punctuation) for long filename display purposes.

• Like 1

looks great!. One suggestion, would it be possible to have some kind of config file to change the colors for folders and files? I'm colorblind and looking at the video very little difference between the two for me. Just a thought

Thanks for the compliment. A built in colour editor to control how text is displayed is on the cards before final release. When you use the Inty's built in font in Colour Stack mode you have a wider selection of background colours than you do foreground text colours so it might be better to have the ability to change both.

• Like 1

I quite like the built in font. It screams "INTELLIVISION!" to me :lol:. I'll be using a fair few GRAM cards for beautification purposes so there won't be enough left to get a full set of upper and lower case characters (along with a good set of punctuation) for long filename display purposes.

I like the built-in font in a sort of "retro" use in title screens and such. However, I find it hard to read in long strings of text, like a rather larger library of games in your multi-cart would be.

No worries. Sign me up for one or two when they're ready!

-dZ.

This is great Groovy Bee... Congratulations on your NEW creation!

Thanks for the compliments.

I love the "Groovy Bee Presents"... would it talk if connected to the Intellivoice? ;)

:lol: That title page won't be there on the final version. Its just a place holder that tells me which version of the multi-cart's BIOS I'm using.

• Like 1

It's crazy, how many QUALITY projects you have going on at the same time!

Thanks for the compliment. I've been slacking the last few months (real life just gets in the way at times). Hopefully the summer will see plenty of Inty action.

You're like our own Intellivision Rain Man! :)

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Not sure thats a compliment.

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliment. I've been slacking the last few months (real life just gets in the way at times). Hopefully the summer will see plenty of Inty action.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: Not sure thats a compliment.

It definitely, definitely is a compliment. Definitely is a compliment ;)

I'm also interested in getting one (or more) of these when they're done.

-mike

• Like 2