IGNORED

Hive multi-cart - It's alive!

Hey, if anyone wants to sell their Cuttle Cart III before this gets released and it drops really low in value, let me know. LOL

I'm still buying this one...

Hey, if anyone wants to sell their Cuttle Cart III before this gets released and it drops really low in value, let me know. LOL

I'm still buying this one...

I love my CC3 and will never sell it! Drop in value? I don't think so.

I've implemented ECS RAM/BIOS compatibility and tried out Mind Strike, Jetsons and Scooby Doo as a test. I'm not familiar with the games but they don't seem to use the built in controller to start. Are there any ECS games that can be played with the console's normal controller?

I've implemented ECS RAM/BIOS compatibility and tried out Mind Strike, Jetsons and Scooby Doo as a test. I'm not familiar with the games but they don't seem to use the built in controller to start. Are there any ECS games that can be played with the console's normal controller?

When you say "ECS RAM/BIOS compatibility," do you mean that the GroovyCart will include a copy of the ECS ROM inside?

When you say "ECS RAM/BIOS compatibility," do you mean that the GroovyCart will include a copy of the ECS ROM inside?

No! You have to find the ECS BIOS ROM and put it on the microSD card yourself. The multi-cart will load it in when required.

No! You have to find the ECS BIOS ROM and put it on the microSD card yourself. The multi-cart will load it in when required.

As I've said previously there will be nothing on the final version of the multi-cart that hasn't been written by me. What people do with the multi-cart is up to them.

Thanks for the clarification, that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure. :)

-dZ.

The ECS Exec was dumped from my ECS. When Carl was writing the Intellivision emulator for Intellivision Lives!, my friend Scott Nudds and I plugged my ECS into the cart dumper and only a portion of it showed up....eventually, I got the idea to plug in the Keyboard, and presto.....the bankswitched missing block appeared.

It was a good thing, because the ECS Exec chip is soldered directly to the board, and protected with a blob of epoxy, and Intellivision Productions did not have the ECS Exec in computer readable format.

Those were exciting times.

Anyhow, it is good to see a new Intellivision multi-cart

• Like 1

Whats new?

- All legacy ROMs from 8K to 48K are loaded into RAM for execution.

- Fixed the need for a manual reset after games have loaded. The ROMs I've tested all start successfully as soon as they've been loaded in.

- The carts built-in "known ROM checksum database" now contains a ton more CRCs for *.bins and *.ints of legacy games, some prototypes, test carts and bad/over dumps as well.

- Experimented with implementing the USB removable hard drive class and its going well.

Once more memory maps are implemented its the long task of playing everything, weeding out bad dumps and making sure everything plays as expected. Before that time consuming task I'll be implementing the ability to auto save/load where you are in the menu otherwise it'll be even more tedious than it needs to be :lol:.

Besides The Dreadnaught Factor do any of the other NTSC games misbehave on PAL hardware?

Besides The Dreadnaught Factor do any of the other NTSC games misbehave on PAL hardware?

Hello GroovyBee... thanks for the update.

Actually, my copy of DragonFire has some graphical glitches on my PAL Console. The water under the bridge does not show up (see picture). This is not a big problem as the game is still playable.

By the way, the picture was taken using the International version of DragonFire. I do not know if the ROMs are different or not.

In my mind, the problem could be one of three options: 1) Different ROMs in the US and Int versions, 2) PAL console compatibility, 3) Bad cartridge.

That is it... I hope it helps... Good luck

PS On second thoughts dismiss option 3 as I tested the ROM on my Pal console via the Cuttle Cart and I still got the graphical glitch. Cheers!

post-34781-0-77171000-1373499096_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hello GroovyBee... thanks for the update.

Actually, my copy of DragonFire has some graphical glitches on my PAL Console. The water under the bridge does not show up (see picture). This is not a big problem as the game is still playable.

By the way, the picture was taken using the International version of DragonFire. I do not know if the ROMs are different or not.

In my mind, the problem could be one of three options: 1) Different ROMs in the US and Int versions, 2) PAL console compatibility, 3) Bad cartridge.

That is it... I hope it helps... Good luck

PS On second thoughts dismiss option 3 as I tested the ROM on my Pal console via the Cuttle Cart and I still got the graphical glitch. Cheers!

post-34781-0-77171000-1373499096_thumb.jpg

I just tested a international and a us cart. Both play identical. And both showing the water.

I have the same problem as Oscar G with that title on PAL. Tried a few ROM dumps so at least I know its not the multi-cart :lol:.

I'll keep an eye out when I get to Motorcross. I haven't tried that title yet.

Thanks for testing. I guess you tested them on a Pal console. So perhaps the problem is with my console then :(

Cheers!

Hm, I tested it on my Peritel console. I will try a normal PAL Intellivision.

Edited by Intymike

Thanks for testing. I guess you tested them on a Pal console. So perhaps the problem is with my console then :(

Cheers!

Ok, I now took a look on two youtube videos. In these videos the water is solid blue.

But on my consoles it looks like your screenshot.

Maybe one of the NTSC guys around should test his cart?