IGNORED

CMart's Original 125 Checklist

(...)

Edit:

Nope. According to intvfunhouse UK Baseball was the same as other Mattel international editions with the instructions slotted in the back. So the UK list could be short ie. Draughts/Checkers; anything else?

here is the UK variant of Baseball (box -810): eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1629216930181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=162921693018&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's clearly different from the International edition

• Like 1

So...

Do we have a master list that includes variations? Sears-branded, sports titles with league branding removed, INTV re-releases, etc? :-D

I mean, 125 is great and all, but if you truly wanted "one of each" release, how many would you have to go up to? (Not counting simple printing/packaging variations like with-plastic-tray vs. without, nor even foreign-language variations, I'm talking English/American variations that are evident to a lay person seeing multiple boxes sitting on a table from 10 feet away.) I'd say the original baseball has four: "Major League Baseball" "Baseball" "Big League Baseball" and "Sears Super Video Arcade Baseball".

(Pot: Stirred)

It would be a bit much to claim this is a 'master' or 'authoritative' list, but it offers perhaps a better way to look for things than the 'games list' at the website.

The language filtering in particular does not work well. This has been a "spare time" project for a few years now, but I never get around to preparing it for general consumption.

http://intvfunhouse.com/games/variants.php

• Like 2

It would be a bit much to claim this is a 'master' or 'authoritative' list, but it offers perhaps a better way to look for things than the 'games list' at the website.

The language filtering in particular does not work well. This has been a "spare time" project for a few years now, but I never get around to preparing it for general consumption.

http://intvfunhouse.com/games/variants.php

It was your website that basically brought up my mostly-in-jest-to-stir-the-pot post.

I've been using your list as my "master list" for some time now, the organization is great, the list of variants is great. I recently got a "lot" from eBay that included many duplicates, including quite a few Canadian, and a few international, variants, so your site has been a blessing to figure out exactly where they were each from.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this forum has become irreversibly married to the number 125, but I think there is merit to include both Atarisoft Pac-Man and INTV Pac-Man, making the list 126. It is not simply a packaging variant. They were produced and marketed by two different and unrelated companies (INTV was a successor to Mattel but not to Atari), the shells are different and the splash screen is different, making the code different too.

If you were to consider expanding beyond 125, not including homebrews, I have to imagine this would be the first example to consider.

I know this forum has become irreversibly married to the number 125, but I think there is merit to include both Atarisoft Pac-Man and INTV Pac-Man, making the list 126. It is not simply a packaging variant. They were produced and marketed by two different and unrelated companies (INTV was a successor to Mattel but not to Atari), the shells are different and the splash screen is different, making the code different too.

If you were to consider expanding beyond 125, not including homebrews, I have to imagine this would be the first example to consider.

INTV Corp was the successor to Intellivision Inc, a new company in 1984. Mattel Electronics died and its parent company Mattel sold its Intellivision assets to Intellivision Inc. After selling off old stock, Intellivision Inc rereleased the Mattel cartridges. Similarly, after selling off old stock, INTV Corp aquired the rights to Atarisoft Pac-man from Atari and rereleased the cartridge. INTV Pacman used the same box graphics and the same printed instructions as Atari. The INTV Pacman titlescreen actually still has the Atari logo on it, you just can't see it because it has been masked with sprites. There are several Intellivision cartridges with rom variations, some of which actually affect game-play. If you are interested in INTV Corp and Atarisoft subsets than 126 is your number. Edited by mr_me

Oh wow. I know that seems like a good discussion but....

Go read this entire thread on this topic from last month. In short: this is a can of worms that doesn't fix anything

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/275337-how-many-original-releases-are-there/

... well yeah. Just trust Lathe on this one.

In the end, what it all boils down to is... Do you count "gameplay releases," "marketed publisher releases," or some other measure?

Pac-Man plays identically, and the on-cart code is essentially *identical* other than the documented "cover up" of the Atari logo. So it wouldn't count as a separate release from the "gameplay releases" perspective. But would Auto Racing count as two then? Since it had two distinct game play modes? (Although the counter there is it wasn't marketed as a different version, and the alternate play version was accessible with a keypad combination. If the original Mattel Electronics Auto Racing only had the one gameplay method, and INTV had released an otherwise-identical version, but with "Super Pro" branding and the turn gameplay change being the only gameplay change, would *THAT* count as separate?)

If you count "marketed publisher releases", then the two versions of Pac-Man would be separate. Noticeably separate boxes (not just removing some branding like NFL Football to Football,) different cartridge styles, etc. But then, why wouldn't the Intellivision Inc de-branded sports titles be separate?

I think 125 is a good "base number" to go with. It is a number that includes each separate *game*. Many people here *DO* get in to collecting packaging variations (Intellivision Inc releases vs. Mattel Electronics releases vs. Sears Super Video Arcade releases vs. international releases, etc, etc, etc...) But that's a much, MUCH larger can of worms to open.

Let's not re-start the debate here. If anyone wants to expand further or make their case, they can use the link provided by Lathe26 above and comment in that thread.

65bonneville, your collection has to be defined by you and you only. If you feel your own 125 is short without INTV Pac-Man then go grab a copy (if you haven't already) and feel free to define it as 126 instead. No one can or should tell you otherwise.

The 125 number is stated as the total by most historical accounts, various retro-gaming articles and the most recent official source, Intellivision Production's website. That is why folks here generally refer to the 125 figure as a complete set. This does not in any way mean you have to go along with it or that any stance on it being 126 is at all invalid. Despite the rather heated exchange seen in the discussion thread for the topic linked above, which had more to do with respecting the views of others in reasonable debate than it did the actual number, it's all just opinions that differ and no one is really right or wrong when it comes down to it.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 7/6/2013 at 12:40 PM, cmart604 said:

Ok, it's about time we did this for anyone looking to complete their Original 125 for the Intellivision. So....here we go.

Mattel Electronics (61 titles, broken down by Network)

Action Network (14)

1. Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Cartridge (Cloudy Mountain)

2. Armor Battle

3. Frog Bog

4. Lock'n'Chase

5. Nightstalker

6. Sea Battle

7. Shark! Shark!

8. Sharp Shot

9. Snafu

10. Space Battle (the red Action Network version was released before the blue Space Network one, but either is fine in your collection)

11. Sub Hunt

12. Triple Action

13. Tron Deadly Discs

14. Tron Maze-A-Tron

Arcade Network (1)

15. Vectron

Gaming Network (4)

16. Horse Racing

17. Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack

18. Las Vegas Roulette

19. Royal Dealer

Learning Network (2)

20. Electric Company Math Fun

21. Electric Company Word Fun

Space Network (4)

22. Astrosmash

23. Space Armada

24. Space Hawk

25. Star Strike

Sports Network (11)

26. Auto Racing

27. Boxing

28. Major League Baseball

29. NASL Soccer

30. NBA Basketball

31. NFL Football

32. NHL Hockey

33. PBA Bowling

34. PGA Golf

35. Tennis

36. US Ski Team Skiing

Strategy Network (5)

37. ABPA Backgammon

38. Checkers

39. Reversi

40. USCF Chess

41. Utopia

1983 Non Network Games (10)

42. Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Treasure of Tarmin Cartridge

43. Bump'n'Jump

44. Burgertime

45. Buzz Bombers

46. Kool-Aid Man

47. Locomotion

48. Masters of the Universe - The Power of He-Man

49. Mission X

50. Motocross

51. Pinball

Intellivoice (4)

52. B-17 Bomber

53. Bomb Squad

54. Space Spartans

55. Tron Solar Sailer

ECS (6)

56. Jetsons' Ways with Words

57. Melody Blaster

58. Mind Strike

59. Mr Basic Meets Bits'n Bites

60. Scooby Doo's Maze Chase

61. World Series Major League Baseball

INTV Corporation (21)

62. Body Slam! Super Pro Wrestling

63. Chip Shot Super Pro Golf

64. Commando

65. Dig Dug

66. Diner

67. Hover Force

68. Learning Fun 1

69. Learning Fun 2

70. Mountain Madness Super Pro Skiing

71. Pole Position

72. Slam Dunk Super Pro Basketball

73. Slap Shot Super Pro Hockey

74. Spiker! Super Pro Volleyball

75. Stadium Mud Buggies

76. Super Pro Decathlon

77. Super Pro Football

78. Thin Ice

79. Thunder Castle

80. Tower of Doom

81. Triple Challenge

82. World Championship Baseball

Dextell Ltd (2)

83. Championship Tennis

84. World Cup Soccer

Activision (7)

85. Beamrider

86. Happy Trails

87. Pitfall!

88. River Raid

89. Stampede

90. The Dreadnaught Factor

91. Worm Whomper

Atarisoft (3)

92. Centipede

93. Defender

94. Pac-Man

Coleco - [8]

95. Carnival

96. Donkey Kong

97. Donkey Kong Junior

98. LadyBug

99. Mousetrap

100. Turbo

101. Venture

102. Zaxxon

Imagic (14)

103. Atlantis

104. Beauty & the Beast

105. Demon Attack

106. Dracula

107. Dragonfire

108. Fathom

109. Ice Trek

110. Microsurgeon

111. Nova Blast

112. Safecracker

113. Swords & Serpents

114. Tropical Trouble

115. Truckin'

116. White Water!

Interphase (2)

117. Blockade Runner

118. Sewer Sam

Parker Brothers (6)

119. Frogger

120. Popeye

121. Q*Bert

122. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back

123. Super Cobra

124. Tutankham

Sega (1)

125. Congo Bongo

Well, there you have it boys and girls. Hope this helps. :)

Yo @cmart604!

Not sure if this has been done or posted before...  but was wondering if you had a list of all the Intellivision console variations as well??  (i.e. Intellivision II with red stripe, without), Japan/Bandai box, etc., etc...

Does something like this exist?  I figure that either you or @Lathe26 would probably have some kind of list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Yo @cmart604!

Not sure if this has been done or posted before...  but was wondering if you had a list of all the Intellivision console variations as well??  (i.e. Intellivision II with red stripe, without), Japan/Bandai box, etc., etc...

Does something like this exist?  I figure that either you or @Lathe26 would probably have some kind of list.

Console variations are pretty straight forward, it’s the box variations that are a very deep hole. I’m hoping to do a hardware thread at some point. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cmart604 said:

Console variations are pretty straight forward, it’s the box variations that are a very deep hole. I’m hoping to do a hardware thread at some point. 

You'd have to open them up and look under the rf shield to get all the console variations.  Here's one showing some of the pal and secam intellivision variations.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170617143309/https://www.gamopat-forum.com/t89204-les-differentes-versions-d-intellivision

There's also this page at intvfunhouse.

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/hardware/consoles/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

You'd have to open them up and look under the rf shield to get all the console variations.  Here's one showing some of the pal and secam intellivision variations.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170617143309/https://www.gamopat-forum.com/t89204-les-differentes-versions-d-intellivision

There's also this page at intvfunhouse.

http://www.intvfunhouse.com/hardware/consoles/

Cool!  Yeah... this was what I was looking for more or less.  Now it's time to make a checklist of the ones I'm missing!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr_me said:

Don't forget the Ecico Electronics Arabic Intellivision

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/282997-arabian-market-intv-iii-system/#

Yes, were any arabic games found to exist (or add-ons for that matter.)? They also put together an arabic Aquarius Computer and matching arabic Aquarius Mini-Expander, if anyone didn't know that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Don't forget the Ecico Electronics Arabic Intellivision

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/282997-arabian-market-intv-iii-system/#

What in the HOLY HELL!?!?!?!

How did I not know about this!?!!   Wow!

Sending to my Dubai office now.  Gonna have them start looking in local places to see if they exist anywhere.  High unlikely that they would be in Dubai or anywhere in the UAE because they weren't very established 40 years ago.

Does anyone know WHAT COUNTRY or countries in the ME these were distributed to?

1 minute ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

What in the HOLY HELL!?!?!?!

How did I not know about this!?!!   Wow!

Sending to my Dubai office now.  Gonna have them start looking in local places to see if they exist anywhere.  High unlikely that they would be in Dubai or anywhere in the UAE because they weren't very established 40 years ago.

Does anyone know WHAT COUNTRY or countries in the ME these were distributed to?

no idea. but uh, if there's any Arabic Aquarius over there then let me know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

no idea. but uh, if there's any Arabic Aquarius over there then let me know.

Will do!

I have a pretty good Aquarius collection myself but probably nothing compared to yours!  All in unopened boxes (even the printer!).  But I don't have the complete cartridge set yet.  Still hunting.  I have about 6 in shrinkwrap including Burgertime & Night Stalker.  So if you ever see some dumbass trying to get shrinkwrapped Aquarius stuff on Ebay... I'm the dumbass. 

:)