Game Name: Motor Psycho

Released by: Atari 1990

7800 HSC High Score: N/A

Settings: TRACK 2 / LEFT CONTROLLER ONLY / DIFFICULTY B

Manual: http://atariage.com/...wareLabelID=730

AMG Rating: ***

Bonus

Bite size contest,

Play on Track 4 - Default controller settings. The top scores are cut in half, the top three finishers get, +7+6+5, and the rest +3+2+1, anyone who plays gets a participation point or more!

Set a 7800 HSC record for [+1] bonus point. Break a previous record for [+2]

Contest Ends

Sunday July 28th 11:00PM 'EASTERN TIME'

High Scores

(Track 2)

1. 886,891 aftermac [+11+1]

2. 857,492 oyamafamily [+10]

3. 813,890 NIKON [+9]

4. 752,955 Mord [+7]

5. 713,607 atomickneedrop [+6]

6. 469,427 Atarifever [+5]

7. 307,946 Northcoastgamer [+4]

8. 287,698 JacobZu7zu7 [+3]

9. 147,935 darthkur [+2]

10. 131,816 LarcenTyler [+1]

11. 120,000 classicgamer_27330 [+1]

Bonus Scores

(Track 4)

1. 1,246,116 aftermac [+7+1]

2. 853,102 oyamafamily [+6]

3. 397,413 NIKON [+5]

4. 314,375 atomickneedrop [+3]

5. 278,559 Northcoastgamer [+2]

6. 253,649 darthkur [+1]

Rankings

(Galaga bonus included + ranking corrections by aftermac)

1. oyamafamily [100] (7) 5

2. NIKON [67] (7)

3. Northcoastgamer [66] (6) 1

4. Gorfy [55] (5)

5. aftermac [53] (7)

5. Mord [53] (7)

7. Liduario [51] (4) 1

8. darthkur [46] (7)

9. roadrunner [33] (6) 1

10. Atarifever [26] (7)

11. jblenkle [24] (7)

12. StarKnight [20] (1) 1

13. Mister-VCS [20] (2)

14. JacobZu7zu7 [19] (4)

15. classicgamer_27330 [18] (6)

16. atomickneedrop [16] (2)

16. chuckwalla [16] (2)

18. patbb [14] (1)

19. ahuffman [14] (2)

20. vacuumnoise [8] (1)

21. Darrin9999 [7] (2)

22. suaiden [5] (2)

23. BSA Starfire [1] (1)

23. LarcenTyler [1] (1)

[ ] = Points

( ) = Rounds Played

GREEN = Games Won

GOLD = Seasons Won

motorpsy.a78

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

@JACOB,

PLEASE, READ CAREFULLY MY LAST PM WHICH I SENT TODAY (July 15th, 2013), because aftermac is RIGHT - my cumulative points obtained on the overrall rankings after Round 6 (Failsafe) of this 7800 HSC season is consistent - 82 points, NOT 93, as I have revised.

Thank you very much for voting in Motor Psycho, because it's one of 7800 games which I want to try.

Oyama, I also went back and reconfirmed my totals for you and got the same as you posted above.

For the sake of being thorough and correct, I am going back week-by-week and plugging the weekly points into my spreadsheet, and I'll post the results here showing the weekly results, total score, and rank.

• Like 1

Here are the weekly points, totals, and rankings. These numbers are based on our weekly points as updated in post #1 for each round. I have double... triple... quadruple checked each week. Lidaurio gained some points, and classicgamer_27330 lost some points.

The only totals I think I am missing are for the Ketchup bonus for Galaga, which I couldn't find posted anywhere. Jacob, if you have those I'll gladly add them in and recalculate. (this may explain classicgamer's lower points)

The first column uses Excel's rank function to calculate our position in the standings, which I then sort in ascending order. The third column is the point total. After that, I broke out each round into separate columns to make it easier to add the weekly points, record points, and bonus points.

Feel free to double check my numbers, and I can make adjustments. Having the points broken out by round should make it pretty easy to track down errors.

Hopefully, everyone finds this helpful!

post-17553-0-36264300-1373943884_thumb.png

Edited by aftermac
  • Like 5

GALAGA ketchup bonus totals, they've been added to the rankings.

The number in black is how many points they can earn for out scoring someone ranked higher!

The bonus amounts are based on how many games they missed, and players beaten in competition.

Final bonus total is in red.

10. Gorfy [+ 7] beat 7 players missed 1 game, +1

11. Liduario [+ 6] beat 3 players, missed 2 games, +2

13. atomickneedrop [+ 3] beat 1 player +3

15. chuckwalla [+ 6] beat 2 players, missed 3 games, +3

16. JacobZu7zu7 [+ 6] beat 6 players, 1 missed game. +1

18. ahuffman [+6] beat 2 players, missed 3 games +3

20. Mister-VCS [+ 12] beat many players ranked higher, missed 3 games and (maxed bonus) +3 !

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 1

I need some clarification here...according to the manual there are certain settings that can be changed that will indeed influence scores...you need to set policy here..

2. Connect a controller to the left controller port. Connect a controller to

the right port to allow you to set your motorcycle's response time to the

following commands: going into a turn, and returning to an upright position

after a turn. (See Setting Response Controls.)

As you can see... this will indeed change the game

Settings: TRACK 2 / LEFT CONTROLLER ONLY / DIFFICULTY B

It should say on screen, (see pic)

STRAIGHTEN 20 - TURN -10

Play the games default settings.... on Track 2 and 4. Difficulty switches on BB.

post-3059-0-51559100-1373987793_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

MOTOR PSYCHO - 2 GAMEPLAYS IN ONE VIDEO - USING EMU7800 WITH NO SOUNDS - MUTE ON:

TRACK 2 - 140,849 / TRACK 4 - 302,422

POINTS TO CONSIDER:

1) Before starting the gameplays as shown is this video, I set Difficulty Switches to A (PRO) position in order to show the Response Control Parameters - Straighten 20 & Turn 10.

2) At the moment the race starts (i.e., after the green light), I change back the Difficulty Switches to B (Novice) to make the score appears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPRXa2rG9Kc

Edited by oyamafamily

A small hint for anyone who doesn't know: If you want to skip the annoying "bouncing handle bars and tires" bit, just press both buttons to skip the scene. Your clock will still adjust accordingly, but you won't have to sit through the scene.

• Like 2

A small hint for anyone who doesn't know: If you want to skip the annoying "bouncing handle bars and tires" bit, just press both buttons to skip the scene. Your clock will still adjust accordingly, but you won't have to sit through the scene.

Best tip ever!!

Can't believe I haven't played this before...

I've generally seen it review poorly, but I don't know why. It's Pole Position with motorcycles. Where Hang-On did that with a day/night thing if I remember, this one did it and added jumping and hills. I think it is grossly under-rated. One problem is that most people don't know about skipping the agonizingly slow crash scenes. The other thing is probably that people think jumping is something you should be able to just do anywhere. It isn't. Like finding a short-cut in Mario Kart, the jumping is something you only use at the right places and the right times. Learning where those are, and when to lay off the gas is part of doing well at the game (unfortunately I've forggoten most of that). If you can get into a groove, and know when to jump and when to drop gears, etc on the landing, you can do some great stuff with the game.

I've generally seen it review poorly, but I don't know why. It's Pole Position with motorcycles. Where Hang-On did that with a day/night thing if I remember, this one did it and added jumping and hills. I think it is grossly under-rated. One problem is that most people don't know about skipping the agonizingly slow crash scenes. The other thing is probably that people think jumping is something you should be able to just do anywhere. It isn't. Like finding a short-cut in Mario Kart, the jumping is something you only use at the right places and the right times. Learning where those are, and when to lay off the gas is part of doing well at the game (unfortunately I've forggoten most of that). If you can get into a groove, and know when to jump and when to drop gears, etc on the landing, you can do some great stuff with the game.

Motor Psycho definitely has quite a bit going for it, and I'm starting to get the hang of it. It took about 10-15 games to start getting comfortable. The biggest adjustment is in Pole Position, i generally try to avoid dropping speed or gears. In Motor Pshcho, it's a MUST. It took a number of games before I could even complete a lap... and those cut scenes are brutal... it's bad enough you crashed, then watching the cut scenes made me just want to stop playing. The two games I posted earlier, I didn't crash at all. Now it's just trying to get all the timings down, and try to squeeze every last second out of the counter.

452,148 - TRACK 2

post-34056-0-27626000-1374218899_thumb.png

I have to admit that I never gave this game a fair shake...I would start out crash constantly and then go on to another game out of frustration...(that's because I had the mind set of Road Rash)

But now I will be playing this title a lot more.

Edited by NIKON

(that's because I had the mind set of Road Rash)

Yeah, I think a lot of people think it should be more like that because of the name. I think Atari started to go for anything weird that they thought could get people to look at their games over Nintendo's right at the end of the 7800's run. Ninja Golf, Grandpa Munster, Aliens in army unifroms, etc. This was more of the same.

TWIN GALAXIES HIGH SCORES FOR 7800 MOTOR PSYCHO

TRACK 1 - 239,511 (David Yancey)

TRACK 2 (we are playing for Main High Scoring) - 125,819 (David Yancey)

TRACK 3 - 96,740 (David Yancey)

TRACK 4 (we are playing for Bonus Scores) - 321,768 (David Yancey)

Edited by oyamafamily

TWIN GALAXIES HIGH SCORES FOR 7800 MOTOR PSYCHO

TRACK 1 - 239,511 (David Yancey)

TRACK 2 (we are playing for Main High Scoring) - 125,819 (David Yancey)

TRACK 3 - 96,740 (David Yancey)

TRACK 4 (we are playing for Bonus Scores) - 321,768 (David Yancey)

Something tells me that David Yancey is the only person to ever submit scores for Motor Psycho...

Something tells me that David Yancey is the only person to ever submit scores for Motor Psycho...

Now it's too trouble and expensive to submit scores to TG.

You must record all your game play, record your system and tv before turning them on and send a dvd.

You also must pay something around 15 dollars per score!

When I play in real hardware for the HSCs, I like to submit my scores in retrocade magazine forum. They require the use of real hardware but for almost all games, you don't need to record anything. Just a pic of the whole tv with the score.

http://www.retrocademagazine.net/forums/portal.php