IGNORED

7800 HSC Season 6 - Game 8 ^Motor Psycho^

JacobZu7zu7

This rom doesn't play on my Prosystem emulator

Go to your ProSystem folder and open the ProSystem.ini file...select everything in the file...then delete it and save the file...you will have to re-configure everything but the rom should work after that

Edited by NIKON

752,955 Track 2.

To get a really high score in this game you really have to be a bit of a psycho behind the wheel. Jump whenever you can, jump -over other bikers- whenever you can, jump the signs on the side of the road safely, etc. Playing it safe means fewer points. ;)

I was starting to get a hang of when to jump the signs on almost every turn, but I can't do it reliably right now. And no time to sit and practice it. :)

post-4460-0-70558200-1374478860_thumb.png

All I can say is aftermac "you da man"

Thanks! :D I've always had a knack for Pole Position, so Motor Psycho has been a pleasant surprise. With as good as you guys are, this is might my last chance to really compete for a win. :D

I'm getting close to finishing Track 2, but this game is very unforgiving. Track 4 is brutal just trying to finish the first lap. The race right before the last score I posted ended with the lap 1 "finish line" right in front of the bike, so I thought I would give it one more try. :) You need to run a near perfect lap and hit all of your jumps to avoid the cones. Through the curves, I might shift as many as 4 or 5 times to keep my speed up and avoid the shoulder (without letting off the throttle). If I hadn't crashed on lap 2, I think I would have been close to making it to lap 3.

Track 2: 131,816

Here's a handy bit of information: If you crash, repeatedly press both buttons simultaneously. This will cause the crash animation to end and you'll be brought back onto the track. You may have to do this a few times, but it does work. The trade-off is that you automatically lose 3 seconds off the time.

Edited by LarcenTyler

Track 2: 131,816

Here's a handy bit of information: If you crash, repeatedly press both buttons simultaneously. This will cause the crash animation to end and you'll be brought back onto the track. You may have to do this a few times, but it does work. The trade-off is that you automatically lose 3 seconds off the time.

Actually, you can just press and hold them. There is also no trade-off time. You just lose the same amount of time the animation would have taken. If you watch out the animation the time counts down too.

SCREENSHOT TAKEN FROM THE LAST SCORE SUBMITTED - MOTOR PSYCHO TRACK 2.

At the end of 857,492-point gameplay (as presented in the vídeo), I pressed F12 to take a screenshot.

post-24681-0-71142600-1375012162_thumb.png

I don't like how "FINISHED" changes to "GAME OVER" once your score is added up. I was pretty disappointed the first time I finished, that I didnt get a screenshot. I did take a couple screenshots while it was still adding the passing bonus on my last run, since that's the only way to really prove you finished the race.