IGNORED

Cmart's Intellivision Homebrew Collection...so far

cmart604

So I was playing this....

post-25458-0-80815300-1374561913_thumb.jpg

and I thought it's about time I posted another collection shot, this time though I wanted to show my up to date Intellivision Homebrew collection which I believe includes all the homebrews made to date.

Here's an overview pic of the games so far with seemingly hundreds of new Intellivision games on the horizon. :-D

post-25458-0-48916100-1374561938_thumb.jpg

I'll break it down a bit in the next few posts. (So please don't post until you see #8 completed). :)

• Like 4

Let's start with two of the four most wanted Intellivision homebrews....the "Activision" releases. ;)

post-25458-0-19940600-1374569743_thumb.jpg

These rather "mysterious" releases are two of my favourite homebrews, mostly because they both have great artwork....in fact, I have some cool RR and LofL items from when I bought the remainder of Roger's collection that I'll have to show you another day. :-D

Whenever these two come up for auction it's ugly, (Ask Rev, Makke and Voltron), I'm just glad I ordered mine back when they first came out.

• Like 1

Next might be the TOUGHEST Intellivision subset to complete bar none....all 4 of Joe's 4-Tris variations. The non-Philly Classic white box, the Philly Classic white box, the Intelligentvision version and the Left Turn Only release.

post-25458-0-81204900-1374569830_thumb.jpg

What can I say? Much praise to Joe for releasing the ORIGINAL Intellivision homebrew. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Just look how far game creation for our favourite little console has come, and with the current momentum, might we eventually see more 21st century releases than the 125 released pre-Y2K??? :-o

• Like 2

Speaking of Joe, here's the two early LTO releases, the 4-Tris I just spoke of, and the absolutely superb Space Patrol, which remains one of my favourite games for the system. Here's hoping he returns to AA soon and more of you get a chance to buy his game.

post-25458-0-09892100-1374569914_thumb.jpg

Next up is the original Intelligentvision 4 pack which I was fortunate to stumble across back when they were being released. While all four of them are familiar games, having them to play on my Intellivision almost 20 years after I'd last bought a new game was pretty exciting. These ones aren't as brutal to find as the big four.

post-25458-0-95913300-1374569985_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks to David and Carl, Intellivision homebrews returned with a vengeance a couple of years ago, with Carl's fantastic Donkey Kong Arcade righting a wrong from so many years ago, showing we Intellivision owners what DK really should have looked and played like on the Intellivision. What followed, thanks to David and Intelligentvision, were a lot of cool games that many of us had been dying to see be released, and with awesome artwork to boot!

post-25458-0-75430600-1374570092_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-20114600-1374570120_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-65474700-1374570144_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yet another outstanding programmer came to our attention in 2012 as dZ-Jay painstakingly put together a fantastic Christmas themed maze game with what has to be, in my mind, the most extensive pre-launch for a homebrew game I've ever seen, on any system. The website and the trailers were absolute gold and, I feel, really added to the experience.

This "Carol Experience" was further enhanced by a very cool high score competition, which was very well run by dZ and CParsley. (and for which I was too embarrassed to post my scores in the 900's) :P

What also made this notable was the use of Willy's "I Can't believe he made it happen" gatefold box :lust: and Joe's Imagic like new cart shell and beautiful labels. :love: (and something else rather special) ;)

Here's a pic of the Christmas Carol 4 pack.

post-25458-0-72670100-1374570270_thumb.jpg

A Carol 4 pack you say??? :? Let me explain. The first is the regular version which most of you have or have seen.

The second is the rare, uncorrected ROM version, thanks to Wolfy, who had the foresight to hold on to his and became a trading partner. :-D :thumbsup:

post-25458-0-84311000-1374570358_thumb.jpg

The third is something I seriously wish we'd see more of, Joe's beyond cool clear cart. :-o

post-25458-0-85917900-1374570320_thumb.jpg

and finally, to round out my Carol 4 pack, is the most valuable of them all, my personalized autographed copy from the man himself, dZ. :-D :thumbsup:

post-25458-0-54747300-1374570341_thumb.jpg

Carol was released by Joe under the LTO label, and at the same time Joe released new copies of Space Patrol, this time with the new cart shell, labels and overlays that were used for Carol. I haven't opened either of my copies so no pic. :-D

• Like 4

Speaking of people having a massive impact on the Intellivision "new release" community, Willy and Elektronite have set a very high bar for homebrew (my word ;) ) releases. Willy's decision to listen to our pleas around releasing his new games in a old school gatefold box might honestly be my favourite thing about any recent product released for any classic system. His products are so professionally done and I can't wait to see what will be coming next.(Beyond the games that I already know about)

I freaking love those boxes, so much so that I won these at auction. As Willy can attest to, I've put my money where my mouth is with his releases, and I will happily do so for as long as he keeps making games.

These are the prototype boxes, manuals, overlays and artwork for D2K and the gatefolds. Very cool. :cool:

post-25458-0-74976900-1374570721_thumb.jpg

On to the games....

post-25458-0-40426200-1374570482_thumb.jpg

Carl's follow up to Donkey Kong Arcade, D2K, in my mind surpasses his previous DK work, and remains on my top 5-10 most played Intellivision games, new or old.

The re-release of Minehunter gave the more recent Intellivision converts a chance to get a fun game with some very cool packaging.

The loose DK Arcade and the stunning black box CIB version gave us the Japanese screen order as well as a couple of other enhancements over Donkey Kong Arcade.

DK Arcade and Match 5 are kind of special to me.... ;)

post-25458-0-62418400-1374570629_thumb.jpg

So that's my Intellivision homebrew collection at the moment, but with so many titles to come, including Paddle Party, Hovver Bover, Defender of the Crown, (hopefully) Lost Caves of Kroz, Rocketeer, Killbotz, Mars Mini Games, Rescue on Terra Five, Super Chef BT(???), Super Pro Tennis (???), and who knows what else, I'm pretty sure my Paypal account will continue to take a beating and I'll need more shelving units.

Thoughts?

• Like 3

Let's start with two of the four most wanted Intellivision homebrews....the "Activision" releases. ;)

These rather "mysterious" releases are two of my favourite homebrews, mostly because they both have great artwork....in fact, I have some cool RR and LofL items from when I bought the remainder of Roger's collection that I'll have to show you another day. :-D

Whenever these two come up for auction it's ugly, (Ask Rev, Makke and Voltron), I'm just glad I ordered mine back when they first came out.

Don't mock us not owners. :_(

;)

You are a monster, cmart. ;)

I hope that I can find something you really wanna get, so we could arrange a very nice trade. Maybe a german Stadium Mud Buggies or something like that ^^

:) Thanks. If you find a mythical German SMB you know who to PM. This guy.

Well done, cmart. It's really nice to see these in order of release. I'm guessing that the white box 4-Tris Philly Classic edition came after the non-Philly Classic edition?

Thanks. The pics aren't quite in order as the Philly one came first, then Joe met demand for the game after the show with the non-Philly version. Also the Activision games came after the 4 initial Intelligentvision releases, I just wanted to lead with them. :)

Thanks. The pics aren't quite in order as the Philly one came first, then Joe met demand for the game after the show with the non-Philly version. Also the Activision games came after the 4 initial Intelligentvision releases, I just wanted to lead with them. :)

Cool. Gotta update my blog with this new info. Great to have such a resource for homebrew history.