IGNORED

Full list French Canadian variants

ghsqb

Great question. cmart? Which publishers are you interested in? IIRC Mattel, Coleco, and Parker Brothers had releases specifically for that market. Not sure about Activision, though there may be some. I think Imagic had multinational releases but nothing specifically tailored to that market.

Pretty much all of them. :)

Your site is the best place that I've seen so far, but I know there are at least a few missing.

I don't know of any that I am missing, but sometimes you don't know what you don't know.

:) it's on my list of "to do" threads but I'm working on another much requested big one that I might get done tonight. In fact, this not so mysterious thread has some French Canadian ones in it. ;) I might be able to make that the next one.

As an aside, Steve you had a list of the French sleeves I believe? I only have a few of them, that's an area I could use some refreshing on. I think Intvfunhouse is pretty close to complete but they just need to be grouped together which I'll do.

Yeah the sleeves would be an interesting list to see, don't believe I have too many sleeve types.

Yah, they're one of the weirdest variations and I think I only have two of them. They seemingly never come up for auction. I lost out on a couple on 2011 or 2012 which pissed me off as I should have known to bid higher. Doh!

I know for sure I have Horse Racing with a sleeve, and I think one or two others, I'd have to go through them all to see.

I'll look forward to that list once you have chance to put it together.

Micky, maybe the safest course of action is to send any sleeve ones you have to me for "verification". Hopefully they won't get "lost" by Canada Post on their way back to you post "verification".

How could I forget those!? The Auto Racing page mentions nine games have been identified, but that was several years ago. IIRC "Hankster" had a good list, but haven't heard from him in a long time, and not sure he's active here.

Do you have his contact info Steve? Maybe you could fire him off an email?

Micky, maybe the safest course of action is to send any sleeve ones you have to me for "verification". Hopefully they won't get "lost" by Canada Post on their way back to you post "verification".

Lol, the sleeve ones and the Super Cobra right?

Well I have to admit, I don't have an underground bunker :) , and my collection was already pretty much wiped out once ....so it may actually be an idea

So you pull out the box of this slipcase? Very cool, hopefully I come across this variations. I am sure cmart would offer a nice deal for a Stadium Mud Buggies Sleeve variation :ponder:

Right, exactly.

Because of French language laws, products which do not have bilingual packaging cannot be sold in Quebec and several other provinces demand bilingual packaging as well.

One inexpensive way to do this, instead of printing new boxes, was just to print a bilingual sleeve to slip over the English box.

Even to this day, I see modern game releases with an English game packaged as usual, and a bilingual version of the cover art and a French manual shrine rapped around the English game.

• Like 1

I am missing a few Mattel titles, including Roulette and Bomb Squad.

Do you have Shark Shark, Sharp Shot, and AD&D Treasure of Tarmin?

And some have very subtle French text like Vectron which I bought since this pic was taken

along with Buzz Bombers or if you like, Les Bombadiers Bourdonnants

Parker has bilingual versions of all except Tutenkham, not sure about Coleco

but I'm sure Cmart's next big post will shed some light on that

post-32869-0-43399100-1374867242_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Not sure if there's a more up to date thread for this, but I just picked up a Math Fun French Canadian sleeve. "Jouons Avec Les Chiffrres".

INTV Funhouse doesn't mention either of the EC games having that variant, nor does the last picture in this thread. Don't know if this is remotely rare or not, but it certainly caught my eye. Came with French instructions too, part number 2613-8920 on the cheaper paper.

• Like 1

Not sure if there's a more up to date thread for this, but I just picked up a Math Fun French Canadian sleeve. "Jouons Avec Les Chiffrres".

INTV Funhouse doesn't mention either of the EC games having that variant, nor does the last picture in this thread. Don't know if this is remotely rare or not, but it certainly caught my eye. Came with French instructions too, part number 2613-8920 on the cheaper paper.

Pics! Pics! Pics! Those sleeved ones are totes cray-cray awesome!

Er, I should say: SCANS! SCANS! SCANS! :D

Nice! Pics please!

Huh. I figured for sure you guys would be like "pff! We've seen that 100 times!".

The sleeve has seen better days, but it kept the box in damned fine condition. Almost no wear on it at all which is kinda nice. The spine on the English side is the same but with (of course) Math Fun. It's ridiculously faded so I didn't bother scanning it.

Apologies if the scans are crappy. I haven't calibrated my scanner in eons. Free free to use these in any way, shape, or form that is helpful.

(This may be multi-part - AA is giving me script grief with the uploader)

post-39446-0-69152200-1431991075_thumb.jpeg

post-39446-0-28244700-1431991078_thumb.jpeg

Edited by freeweed
  • Like 1

Oh. Warning. They're pretty big :P I scan at high-res for archival purposes.

Ah. There we go. AA doesn't like really big JPEGs in Firefox on Linux.

Also, humourous note: the gf, upon this purchase, finally noticed the "Intelligent Television" thing. "All these years and I wondered where the name came from" :D

post-39446-0-45683300-1431991698_thumb.jpg

Edited by freeweed
  • Like 1