IGNORED

Why is "Outrun" so pricey?

LynxVGL

I jumped onto regular outrun after completing a playthrough of 2019 on easy, and honestly I was a little let down. Still fun, and I enjoyed the graphics and sound, but after playing through 2019 I was amazed that people are as down on that game as they are. I'd say give it a shot, if you haven't. I can see why outrun is holding value, but don't understand why 2019 is not.

I feel 2019 is an awesome game. That said, it's not quite... the original OutRun. It depends on what you are looking for. OutRun is great with its arcade-like elements, and OutRun 2019 is awesome with its turbo boost. Both are totally worth checking out, IMO.

• 4 months later...

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or somewhere else, but the other night I had quite the out-run-riffic evening.

I recently traded away some of my games to get a hold of Outrun on Genesis, and I also picked up Outrun 2019. To be on topic, I had to trade a game that is going on ebay for about 20$ for this copy of outrun, complete with manual and box. Outrun 2019 complete was about 10$ in trade value.

Having not played a ton of Outrun, outside of Arcades here and there as a kid, and on Mastersystem. I was fairly familiar with the game and wanted to try out what I had heard was the inferior sequel/spin-off, Outrun 2019. I should start off by saying that I've never been good racing games. The Outrun/Enduro style linear driving games have been the only ones I pick up and play repeatedly and get anywhere in, saving for maybe Mario Kart and Wacky Racers.

My impression of 2019 was amazing right off the bat. A friend of mine was over, and we had a great chuckle seeing the world as it will be in 4 years. The design of the vehicle, and the art as a whole, was really cool and stylish. While the level design was not as open as outrun, the branching paths were nice and encouraged us to play a second time after finishing our first play through. what really blew my mind was the verticality in the levels. Jumping over trees, driving under or jumping up onto overpasses, and the clear bridges with no guard rails. Really impressive stuff that I was not expecting.

I jumped onto regular outrun after completing a playthrough of 2019 on easy, and honestly I was a little let down. Still fun, and I enjoyed the graphics and sound, but after playing through 2019 I was amazed that people are as down on that game as they are. I'd say give it a shot, if you haven't. I can see why outrun is holding value, but don't understand why 2019 is not.

I LOVE OUTRUN - one of my favorite games of all time - But OUTRUN 2019 BLEW MY MIND and took it further - Especially when it comes to on the Genesis - I'll take Outrun 2019 over Outrun ANY DAY -

I did a top 10 list of my personal genesis picks on my Youtube channel and OUTRUN 2019 was #9 spot - I friggin love that game - and I really feel like a lot of people just haven't played it or even know it exists.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Have been playing Outrun 2006 for PSP (awesomeness.). Does anyone know if you can unlock the original game in this version?

Also: 2006 may be getting stupid expensive for Xbox ($150 and up) but Outrun 2 is only $20 still so that seems like a no brainer, going to snag a copy soon.

How is it 2019 and yet still no Outrun compilation? Take my money already Sega!

Travis, the arcade original of Outrun was only included in Outrun 2 on the Xbox. It was removed from subsequent iterations of the Outrun 2 family. Another good reason to still grab Outrun 2 are the unlockable bonus tracks based on Sega Super GT and Daytona USA 2, which also weren't included in Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 3