IGNORED

If you could have any console, what would it be?

I remember my dad used to get these tech/home catelogs (he was an engineer) and there was this LASERDISC player than had interchangeable components. One of the components played Sega CD i think. I always wanted it, but it costed more than all of the sega systems of the time, so it was kind of an illogical purchase.

found it:

Pioneer LaserActive (CLD-A100)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-CLD-A100-LASERACTIVE-LASER-DISC-with-PAC-K1-and-PAC-S10-RARE-/201021804252?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2ecdd54edc

Edited by Falconhood

I hear there is a TV with an NES built into it (not the famicom one). Although i am questioning the reliability of the device as it would be harder to fix if something went wrong.

On that note there is also a CD-I compatible TV as well as a TV with a 3DO(goldstar) built in with rumors of the panasonic one. Which is the one i will buy because Goldstar is constatly bashed for their version of the 3DO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I like the idea of getting a CMVS at some point, specifically for the MVS only releases across the Neo platform.

I have a Home Cart system and one "conversion" of Shock Troopers, but it feels somehow unwholesome playing it. I'd rather just have the MVS cart and a CMVS to play it.

On the whole though, the question here is a bit too ambiguous. Overall, I own all the consoles I want to own - with the exception of the odd curiosity:

32-X

MegaCD/Sega CD

PC Engine (just HuCard only gaming units, not interested in the CD's really)

CPS-Changer

Consolised AtomisWave

PS-X (the PS2-based DESR, Japan only console)

Any of those ridiculously awesome non-stock Dreamcast releases (maybe not the Hello Kitty ones!)

Hitachi Hi-Saturn (Mk1 & Mk2)

Wonderswan Crystal

Maybe more... :grin:

Edited by NeoGeoNinja

Of what I don't have, I suppose the Capcom CPS changer tops my list.

1831084-vs_cpsc_01.jpg

I'd also really like to get a lodgenet system of some kind--especially the snes. It's really hard to find the base units for those.

Love those Capcom Fighting Sticks! Got a couple of those and the Sega Genesis version from back in the day when they were clearing them out. Paid $10 or $15 bucks. Still haven't opened or used it. Systems I've pretty much got what I want. Learned the hard way don't buy something unless you're going to play it. A Vectrex would be nice. Still remember seeing them in a store all stacked up for $99 IIRC.