Photo

What one-of-a-kind Intellivision items do you have?

437 replies to this topic

#426 JoeM_Intellivision OFFLINE  

JoeM_Intellivision

Stargunner

• 1,130 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:50 PM

Cool! I would definitely be interested in trading for a Digiplay timed Astromash Rom version. I believe I lost that one to some Canucks fan in Western Canada. cmart have a spare by now?

#427 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,054 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:57 PM

Lol. Wait, do I have one? I guess I'd better check mine. 🤔😂

#428 JoeM_Intellivision OFFLINE  

JoeM_Intellivision

Stargunner

• 1,130 posts

Posted Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:05 PM

Lol:-) I thought I lost it to you but it was several years ago so maybe my memory is wrong?

#429 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 2,762 posts

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:53 PM

Here's another item that is sort-of Intellivision related.  These are pre-production proofs of General Instrument paper stocks.  While these are from the wrong time period (somewhere in 1990 to 1993), I still though this was interesting since General Instrument made most of the chips in the Intellivision over a decade earlier.  The images are large so people can get a closer look at the items.  Notice that the "thinking man" images are slightly different.  Notice also that one of the signatures is from Donald Rumsfeld.

General Instrument Corporation Stock Pre-Production Proof (1).jpg

General Instrument Corporation Stock Pre-Production Proof (3).jpg

General Instrument Corporation Stock Pre-Production Proof (2).jpg

#430 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Chopper Commander

• 181 posts

Posted Tue Apr 4, 2017 11:42 PM

Being this thread slowed down quite a bit I thought I would throw one in.  I have only seen one of these so if anyone else has one I would love to hear from you. It is a DEMO ONLY console in the box.  Note that the box is not glued but only had tape holding it closed.  It does not have styrofoam inserts but a cardboard bet it sets in.  The owner manaul does not have any production info on the front cover and the back cover is blank (usually has warranty info).  The bag it was in was taped closed in 2000 when I got it and I have not opened it up.  Also note the difference on the back of the box.  In the first pic the top box is not the DEMO ONLY unit. The second pic the top box is the DEMO ONLY unit.

Thanks and hope you all enjoy the pics. If I knew how to make them a little smaller I would.

100_2406.JPG 100_2407.JPG 100_2400.JPG 100_2402.JPG 100_2405.JPG 100_2404.JPG 100_2403.JPG 100_2401.JPG 100_2398.JPG 100_2399.JPG

#431 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,054 posts

Posted Wed Apr 5, 2017 1:23 AM

Very cool! I don't think I've seen that before. I love seeing new variations come to light. Does it have a serial number at all?

#432 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,284 posts

Posted Wed Apr 5, 2017 4:51 AM

Man I couldn't resist the urge to open it up and try it.
Thanks for sharing that. As C Mary mentioned
Cool for sure.

#433 Steve Jones ONLINE  

Steve Jones

Moonsweeper

• 475 posts

Posted Wed Apr 5, 2017 6:20 AM

can you post a pic of the front of the box. I notice on the back, the bottom right screen of astrosmash is different, wondering if the front is too?

#434 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Chopper Commander

• 181 posts

Posted Wed Apr 5, 2017 8:22 AM

There is no SN on the box but the unit is 777936.

There are quite a few differences on the front of the box. Note the black out on the console and some of the game screen shots are different.  LVP&BJ is on there twice. The box on the bottom does not have a cart included.  If it were not for the no glue on the flaps, the black out on the console and the lack of detail on the back of the box I might think somewhere in the past I could have switched boxes.  I hope not as I try hard to keep things original. I may not have an option of opening it up as when I got it out to take pics the tape literally fell off. I doubt I can find some to replace it to keep it as I got it, sooo.......  this unit may get a testing this weekend.

Again the top box is the DEMO ONLY unit.

100_2408.JPG

Edited by Humblejack, Wed Apr 5, 2017 8:26 AM.

#435 Steve Jones ONLINE  

Steve Jones

Moonsweeper

• 475 posts

Posted Wed Apr 5, 2017 1:02 PM

system10 smaller boxes.jpg system10 smaller boxes back.jpg

These are the typical North American and European Versions, some games screens are different.

The NA version has a Math Fun, 2 Word Funs and 2 LVP&BJ  that the European switched out

for Snafu, Star Strike, Space Armada and Astrosmash.

Your demo seems to be a hybrid of the two, front is like the North American,

the layout on the back is similar to the NA,

but it replaces Math Fun with Space Armada and Word Fun with an Astrosmash

that has a white screen instead of the black one that's on the European version.  

Very cool.

Edited by Steve Jones, Wed Apr 5, 2017 1:02 PM.

#436 intvsteve OFFLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 2,685 posts

Posted Fri Apr 7, 2017 4:37 PM

Hmm.... I know I've seen the "tray" thing before -- maybe Hankster and I were duelling for it? :P I have a box like this, with the Mattel Electronics branding removed, and IIRC on the front there's a sticker covering up the 'includes poker cartridge' text. My hunch on these is that they, like some small number of Intellivision II units, may have been sold during the Intellivision, Inc. era -- or perhaps early in the INTV Corp. times. I.e. overstock Mattel units. Eventually, as those ran out, we got the INTV System III and Super Pro systems, I suspect.

Nevertheless, very cool item indeed!

#437 crade OFFLINE  

crade

Star Raider

• 83 posts

Posted Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:11 AM

I dislike seeing formerly active members leave the brotherhood. Anyone know what happened to Crade?

I was never a member of the brotherhood, but I'm still around just not nearly as active.  Busy with life and crap.  My new job also blocks this site so I can't slack off by checking it at work all the time

#438 intellivotion OFFLINE  

intellivotion

Stargunner

• 1,908 posts
  • Time Zone Traveller

Posted Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:04 PM

PM me if you'd like to know an easy trick to jump over some filters

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users