IGNORED

Brix (Odyssey 2)

atari2600land

I was playing this (v1.5) on O2Em, and I found a consistent problem. When jumping from block to block, I found the green grinch or whatever he is seem to consistently stay on the same block of ice in the 3rd row, making it impossible to get past him.

I wonder if it is possible to select a skill level to start that controls the ice speed? It starts off slow, which is ideal for beginners, but I would think am experienced player might want to start off faster.

429B8B6E.bmp

Edited by ls650

OK, I've had it. I'm cancelling this project unless someone can find a way to eliminate certain patterns. I have no idea what's going wrong. Elf movement patterns keep popping up and the machine will not stop them so it keeps going over and over again. Perhaps I need to find a better random number generator that generates a random number between 0-7, I don't know. I'm attaching the code in case someone cares.

niceice16d.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

In case you don't read my blog, I've added a high score function. I've posted the latest version. I'm not sure what's going on though. It says I've used up 2,019 bytes, so I should have 29 bytes left. But when I try to add even the smallest amount of code in, it goes berzerk and won't compile. So I guess I can't add anything new at this point, but I can change the existing code, just as long as I don't put anything new in it.

post-9475-0-50078800-1403054396_thumb.png

niceice27.zip

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pass along the news that I (2600 Connection) have worked out an agreement to take over the production of this game.

I am planning a release date of this game NICE ICE on cartridge for the Odyssey2 / Videopac on November 15, 2014.

More information to come,

Tim

We are also going to have a contest for the box / label design.

• 2 months later...

I am happy to report that today, November 15, 2014, the 2600 Connection is proud to release NICE ICE! , the latest Odyssey2/ Videopac game from atari2600land here on AA- just in time for Christmas!

Here is a description of the game:

It's almost Christmas... it will be here before you know it! However...

Do you know about the mischief that's going on up at the North Pole?

Oh no! Eli the Elf has freed Santa's reindeer and now they have flown to the other side of Santa's magic pond.
What's worse is that Santa doesn't even know how to swim! Lucky for him, there are floating chunks of ice that Santa can use to cross the pond and rescue the reindeer back to safety. But that evil Eli the Elf will try to stop Santa because he hates Christmas! How many reindeer can you help Santa save?

NICE ICE! is a limited release of 100 serial-numbered games. ( 1 of 100, 2 of 100, 3 of 100, etc.)

Pricing is $25 plus shipping ($6 for shipping in the USA, $15 for everywhere else in the world)

Includes cartridge, manual, and clear plastic storage box.

An 11 inch x 17 inch poster of the artwork (which was created by Timothy Cotter) will be available for sale as well within the next few days.
By the way, Timothy won the artwork contest and receives NICE ICE #1 as his prize!

Please visit the web site for more information:

http://www.2600connection.com/features/nice_ice/features_nice_ice.html

thank you!

Tim