IGNORED

Who Now Owns Atari?

PFL

I know there was the recent sell off and that some companies bought particular IPs but I found out about that through a number of articles. I haven't come across an up to date article that summarises what's happened to the company name and logo itself.

Does anyone have a link to something like that? If not, can anyone summarise the state of ownership/value of Atari these days?

Thanks for any help or pointers. :)

It's still owned by Infrogrames but they plan on selling it. Short and probably inaccurate version is that they are still cannibalizing it. Name and logo to one company, Centipede to another, etc.. Hence Atari compilations and Flashback machines will be impossible as the company will be spread too thin.

Of course someone big could buy enough to make something of it, but who?

It's a double edged sword when companies are sold lock stock and barrel, look at the crapfest that is Amiga today. All owned by one company that does nothing with it (except licence the name for some crappy Intel i3 machines running an emulator with 'Amiga' badges stuck on the front.

But then again as you say if it is broken up then how can you make 'Atari products' if all you own is a logo of Fuji Mountain etc. It's bad enough some of the best VCS games are missing in Flashback 3 (where's Vanguard?!!?!?) think how much worse this could get :(

I wish they'd just go completely belly-up and DIE. That way they'll leave us classic fans alone, rather than sick the Legal Department on their classic fan base, like the turds at Infrogrames did. That's a real way to cultivate longtime brand loyalty, eh?

• Like 2

I wish they'd just go completely belly-up and DIE. That way they'll leave us classic fans alone, rather than sick the Legal Department on their classic fan base, like the turds at Infrogrames did. That's a real way to cultivate longtime brand loyalty, eh?

heres a song for atari corp inc whatever the f they are.

I used to play this song when I was 23..

• Like 1