IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Back to the Odyssey2

RSS Bot

Well, I finally returned to the Odyssey 2. Part of the decision to do so was my Atari 2600 power cord broke. I figure now with most of the hard to get titles out of the way in Odyssey 2 collecting (PowerLords, both Imagic games), I figure I can get a complete collection (minus the board games and homebrew.) I want to get Frogger for the Odyssey 2 because I figure it would be the most fun of the Parker Bros. titles to play. Of course, I'd have to get a Brazil one, otherwise it wouldn't work on an American Odyssey2. And going back to the Odyssey 2 also means in this case programming for it. I've returned to Brix, a game I had just started before my hiatus. So I've been programming my butt off the past two days, adding a simple title screen and collision detection, both of which were very hard work because the computer decided to be stupid and not do what I told it to do. I hate when that happens. It means I have to think of another way to do what I want it to do, which, most of the time, doesn't work, but I keep trying in case I stumble upon something that does work. So anyway, that's what I've been doing.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-10390-back-to-the-odyssey2/