IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Yup. And today I got jacked on a Junkman Jr. cart without manual or box :( I get a little butthurt when that kind of thing happens -- I am not a collector, and that is one of my favorite games by far so the cart alone was worth something to me. Ah, well. I cannot sell my soul for everything.

Yup. And today I got jacked on a Junkman Jr. cart without manual or box :( I get a little butthurt when that kind of thing happens -- I am not a collector, and that is one of my favorite games by far so the cart alone was worth something to me. Ah, well. I cannot sell my soul for everything.

Totally agree. I recently got four education carts on Ebay for my son - sadly not a single one of them had a manual :(.

Edited by RobertLM78

Well, I guess you guys are right! Someone has bid on it, and I suppose if you have the cassettes you might want the docs and box too. From the photo it does appear to be in good shape. Only a couple of hours left as well. I'm interested to see what it's going to finish up at. To be honest, I did not think it would have received any bids... shows you how little I know!

$T2eC16J,!)!E9s2fBWrcBSB5T,3-kQ~~60_57.JPG

Yep, I got outbid at the last second on it--and I needed them to replace the boxes that I lost in an apartment flooding while I lived in Turkey. . .The disks were on a different shelf, and took no damage. I did get a copy of the Database Entry Cartridge from Navarone though, even if it did end up over $90. I've been looking for that one to complete my set (Entry, Sort, Report). The Entry module seems to be the hardest one of the three to find, I just kept missing it when it did come up over the years (three or four times, IIRC). Now I just need the manuals for the other two. . .as they appear to be different from the main DBM cartridge.

There are a couple of Extended BASIC carts up right now: one Triton and one MicroPal. From what I understand, these are no different than the original TI Extended BASIC v1.10 cartridge. What in the world makes these seem so valuable (the Triton has a start or buy-it-now of $195) when so many TI Extended BASIC carts are available?

Yep, I got outbid at the last second on it...

I was watching that! You were the one that got hosed huh? Sorry....

I know the feeling and feel your pain. I've lost a couple of bids to the last second types who push me out of the way and take my stuff! As Jar Jar Binks would say, "How Rude!" That max bid option has saved my bacon more than one.

The Triton SEB cartridge is not identical to TI Extended BASIC. It has a lot of additional routines built in. It is also somewhat hard to find--and has often been modified using the Guion Multi-Mod adaptation designed for it.

The ones that ARE identical to the TI version are the MicroPal and Exceltec XB cartridges in the US or the original mechatronics XB cartridge from Europe (they later modified these to make the Mechatronics XBII+ cartridges, which made the unmodified cartridges somewhat rare). The original version has a silver label--but most of them had the upgrade done to them without a label change (the XBII+ has a gold label), so the only way to be sure is to test the cartridge to see if it has the APESoft routines (present for XBII+).

The Triton SEB cartridge is not identical to TI Extended BASIC. It has a lot of additional routines built in. It is also somewhat hard to find--and has often been modified using the Guion Multi-Mod adaptation designed for it.

The ones that ARE identical to the TI version are the MicroPal and Exceltec XB cartridges in the US or the original mechatronics XB cartridge from Europe

Ah, you are correct. I was mistaken about the Triton cartridge: I did not remember that it is really SUPER Extended BASIC. There are also a MicroPal and Exceltec XB listed. The Exceltec is reasonably priced while the MicroPal is not worth its double-price (though I do like the horribly impractical Atarisoft cartridge profile for some reason.)

I still do not think the Triton cart is worth $195 except to maybe collectors. If it is so rare, you cannot write programs which take advantage of its extra capabilities and then share those programs. That makes it less valuable to me, unless it is fully TI XB compatible and increases performance.

Ernest Pergrem has a Shores Extended BASIC module listed, and is apparently his last real TI item.

RXB and SEB and XB 2.5 are basically 100% XB compatible and all use the Miller Graphics Extended Basic mods.

RXB is the only one that will run all TI Baisic programs except EA support, but I did release a mod to load EA support in TI Basic GROMs.

SEB did have XB Plot Bit Mapped graphics built in. But TML does a better job and is faster.

Back in the day I bought one of these, I think at one of the Lima Faires for about 10 bucks. After looking at it, I decided to take it a step further and just use the rotary and reset switches, placing The XB cart and the groms from the other carts inside the console. The last position switched in the cartridge port, so I could still plug in another cartridge. You basically stack the groms, not connecting the -5 volt pin, and switch the -5v to the grom(s) of your choice with the rotary switch. No more overheating of your carts on the coffee warmer. :) After some of the guys in the Philly Users Group saw it, I had to build about 10 more for those that wanted them. Radio Shack carried the rotary switch at the time, I don't know if they still do.

Gazoo

Here is a really cool item! Truly rare too... it' also WAY out of my price range.

$T2eC16RHJH0FG02+WUkjBSCuf!,yyg~~60_57.JPG

It's at $130.00 as of this posting with 2 hours 45 minutes left to go.

<< HERE >> is the link.

Back in the day I bought one of these, I think at one of the Lima Faires for about 10 bucks. After looking at it, I decided to take it a step further and just use the rotary and reset switches, placing The XB cart and the groms from the other carts inside the console. The last position switched in the cartridge port, so I could still plug in another cartridge. You basically stack the groms, not connecting the -5 volt pin, and switch the -5v to the grom(s) of your choice with the rotary switch. No more overheating of your carts on the coffee warmer. :) After some of the guys in the Philly Users Group saw it, I had to build about 10 more for those that wanted them. Radio Shack carried the rotary switch at the time, I don't know if they still do.

Gazoo

That is such a cool idea! Do you have a photo of your console? I might want to consider that. I'm also wondering if anyone has been able to mount the ir NANO-PEB or CF7+ in the console using the same method as the Speech Synthesizer internal modification. Of course something would have to be done routing the CF card.

• 1 month later...