IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I can say this freely in this forum (as opposed to AudioKarma) but there is a segment of audio enthusiast that isn't concerned with logic and facts. If its more expensive and has a good spiel then it must be better. I keep trying to explain how paying hundreds of dollars for a USB cable between the computer and DAC or a thousand dollars for a power cable is a waste but some people aren't hearing it. With USB it's digital data for heavens sake. Cable quality can't colour the sound. I often joked that I was going to make a bunch of money by selling an audiophile hard drive. Looks like sony beat me to it.

Edited by Mitkraft
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

rats! i'm hoping to get a NanoPEB since the stock PEBs are so friggin expensive. i realllllly want a stock PEB to go with my collection (particularly the RAM and Disk Controller/Drive) but good grief!

I'd even happily pay shipping for the big ole metal brick to Missouri, but $300-400 bucks is a little out of my price range atm.

I got a chuckle when I saw << THIS BEIGE TI-99/4A >> as a buy it now for $349.99 + shipping.

What are the odds that the keyboard will not work properly?

but.. but.. it's new in box! lol. the beige ones if memory serves had some flaky keyboards even right out of the box. :)

(not to mention that the black/silver model is infinitely better-looking!)

but.. but.. it's new in box! lol. the beige ones if memory serves had some flaky keyboards even right out of the box. :)

(not to mention that the black/silver model is infinitely better-looking!)

I almost want to buy it to burn it so the world has one less beige computer.

• Like 1

I was surprised that this ad ("Buy it Now" no less)for a PEB has lasted this long at such a low price. Heck it even got reduced!

At first I thought maybe it was in Europe, which would make shipping a tad expensive for North Americans, but nope, it's in California (and even shipping to Canada would only be $80!!)

Anyway, there's only 5 hours left, so I thought I'd mention it, since there are always folks around here looking for a PEB...not much in the way of cards with (not even sure if it has a firehose and card) but it's a good start at a decent price if anyone is looking.

• Like 2

I was surprised that this ad ("Buy it Now" no less)for a PEB has lasted this long at such a low price. Heck it even got reduced!

At first I thought maybe it was in Europe, which would make shipping a tad expensive for North Americans, but nope, it's in California (and even shipping to Canada would only be $80!!)

Anyway, there's only 5 hours left, so I thought I'd mention it, since there are always folks around here looking for a PEB...not much in the way of cards with (not even sure if it has a firehose and card) but it's a good start at a decent price if anyone is looking.

Sold

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I hope someone on here got it.

same here...I saw it when it was first listed a couple weeks ago, then when it scrolled off the "newest Listings" page, I just assumed it had sold with minutes.

When I saw it on the "ending soonest" this aft, I kicked myself for not mentioning it here sooner.

• Like 2

i was poking around 99/4A stuff looking for diskette game software and found this auction for Speech Editor:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-TI-99-4a-Speech-Editor-Command-Module-with-Box-and-Manual-/252871825129?hash=item3ae055d6e9:g:0rgAAOSwuspY87Nn

$50 starting bid, good grief!

(incidentally, i'm still looking for disk software, lol)