2529 replies to this topic

#2526 schmitzi ONLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,625 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:35 PM

Have no video cable :(

(And with this cinch cable, I can use it only for some minutes, because of monitor / eyes / headache)

#2527 Shift838 OFFLINE  

Shift838

Stargunner

• 1,782 posts
  • SHIFT838

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:57 PM

Have no video cable :(

(And with this cinch cable, I can use it only for some minutes, because of monitor / eyes / headache)

For the Geneve I would suggest getting a Flat Panel monitor 19".  Samsung made a nice one that I used with my Geneve that I had.  It's a Samsung Syncmaster 910MP.  It must have a SCART connector.

You can use SCART with the geneve.  Just need to make a cable for it and use  a few potentiometers to be able to dial in the settings for the different RGB signals.  I have the instructions.  You also need to provide power to one of the SCART pins (3v I think) to throw it into RGB mode.  Then it looks awesome!

I would think that any monitor with a SCART connector would work.

Edited by Shift838, Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:58 PM.

#2528 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

Stargunner

• 1,559 posts

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:35 PM

If this is truly an "original" card, the buyer will want to check the battery, regulators and capacitors before putting it into a PEB and turning it on.  Sometimes the cards came without heat sinks, meaning they would overheat and eventually the regulators would die.  The Geneve may also require installation of a 32K SRAM upgrade before it is 'usable' with the last 4+ OS revisions.

#2529 schmitzi ONLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,625 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:59 PM

For the Geneve I would suggest getting a Flat Panel monitor 19".  Samsung made a nice one that I used with my Geneve that I had.  It's a Samsung Syncmaster 910MP.  It must have a SCART connector.

You can use SCART with the geneve.  Just need to make a cable for it and use  a few potentiometers to be able to dial in the settings for the different RGB signals.  I have the instructions.  You also need to provide power to one of the SCART pins (3v I think) to throw it into RGB mode.  Then it looks awesome!

I would think that any monitor with a SCART connector would work.

yes, I have 3 of this Samsungs (1 x 710MP + 2 x 910MP)

And I have collected this infos in the last 2 years   Attached File  GENEVE-9640-PINOUT-v09.pdf   5.7MB   5 downloads

but

1. I am not sure about at all, means totally confused,

2. and I cannot built a cable w/o burning down the house

So the Geneve rusts in peace

(the 2nd one will also suffer this fate, I fear)

#2530 schmitzi ONLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,625 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:11 PM

If you see this from 2014, well... that auction has a good price :P

attachicon.gifMYARC Geneve 9640 - TI-994A Texas Instruments compatible - 0a.jpg

When I add all the (non.running) video cables I bought in the last 2 years, I think I am on 1200 $ now.

It´s a very big pile of great video cables, really great, it´s amazing big, it´s tremendous ;) :grin:

But here in the pics you can see, there is only this cinch cable, but this does not work for my eyes.

Otherwise, I had bought this Geneve yesterday, immediately when I saw it (and was available)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ebay, TI-99/4A

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users