IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

surprised no one linked to this one...

2 TI's, couple of drives, a PEB (not sure what's in it), an acoustic coupler, speech synth, joysticks, assorted big-binder s/ware, etc etc etc. all for $375 US (which I've seen PEB's alone listed for!)

Great way to go from zero to 1981 in 60 seconds!

• Like 3

2 TI's, couple of drives, a PEB (not sure what's in it), an acoustic coupler, speech synth, joysticks, assorted big-binder s/ware, etc etc etc. all for $375 US (which I've seen PEB's alone listed for!)

Wow, that's pretty nice- cost is probably on par (or less) with what i've spent amassing my TI hoard in the last three months. ;)

95 dollars shipping, tho, ouch!

Holy poop! I have that book. If anyone would like to have a copy, I'd hate to let it go, but I'd consider trading for a MegaSTe 4 if it would make someone happy.

The one I'm selling even has the cover.

And in a world where $20 books are sold for $1500, I guess this console is a steal!

To put things in perspective (and garner pity for those of use who live north of the 49th) that 700 USD is currently just under 1100 CAD! (and a bargain at only 622 €). Luckily no eBay GSP, so shipping is cheap. (GSP would have added a few hundred to the total in brokerage fees)

Exchange rates fluctuate, (when I first got back into the TI, the USD was below the CAD), but even that being said, I paid $39 CAD for my 4A...not NIB, but you'd never know it - had all the parts and documents and pristine aluminium (or whatever the brushed metal is) and the original (bi-lingual) box (although I'll never understand how I got a bi-lingual (french/english) from a US purchase)...

$1100 seems a just tad steep.

Edited by PeBo

ouch!

I did see where pfleeman was selling a PEB for $225 US (I think it was)- his looked really good. he also has an RS232 card for sale fortunately with 26 days on the auction.

I reallllly want this card, but I just bought a new car, soooo..... ;) maybe it'll still be there in a month, lol

Congrats to whoever won it. I was SO tempted to buy it myself, but I had to face the reality that I have absolutely no room to put all of it, which is why I unloaded a system similar to this 7 years ago when we downsized our house by moving. I still wish I hadn't done that (unloaded it, happy we moved) but then again, the stuff would probably still be boxed up since I truly have nowhere to place it.

Congrats to whoever won it. I was SO tempted to buy it myself, but I had to face the reality that I have absolutely no room to put all of it, which is why I unloaded a system similar to this 7 years ago when we downsized our house by moving. I still wish I hadn't done that (unloaded it, happy we moved) but then again, the stuff would probably still be boxed up since I truly have nowhere to place it.

Alas, small spaces are the bane of us collectors. :)

• Like 2

I wish I had held onto every system I ever owned...my first was an Odyssey2, then the 4A, then an 800XL, and a memory and TOS upgraded 1040 STe with so much software it makes me cry thinking about it.

But there's a space between youth and late middle age, where the stuff is just collecting dust or taking up room packed away in closets and the idea of making 40-50 bucks with a yard sale completely disregards any possible future nostalgic potential. Then you get closer to retirement where the 3 bedroom house becomes the 1 bedroom apartment and there's just no longer any space to bring it all back.

I picked the 4A, since it was my first actual computer (and I always regretted leaving it for the XL when 4A software availability started drying up (which took place much faster up here). I was told that could re-kindle my early computer flame as long as it remained contained in one small corner of the dining room (and really that's the only place it COULD fit).

Problem is, I'm getting pretty itchy to re-acquire my second great computer love (the ST), and I don't think my marriage (or my budget) would survive it. In truth, the real problem is that I'm no longer sure if I care, since downsizing to a single bed, and ditching all the wife's tchotchkes (and fracking shoes) would provide more than enough room to fit a second vintage system.

(heck her sandals alone would provide space enough for a UNIVAC!)

• Like 3

I wish I had held onto every system I ever owned...my first was an Odyssey2, then the 4A, then an 800XL, and a memory and TOS upgraded 1040 STe with so much software it makes me cry thinking about it.

But there's a space between youth and late middle age, where the stuff is just collecting dust or taking up room packed away in closets and the idea of making 40-50 bucks with a yard sale completely disregards any possible future nostalgic potential. Then you get closer to retirement where the 3 bedroom house becomes the 1 bedroom apartment and there's just no longer any space to bring it all back.

I picked the 4A, since it was my first actual computer (and I always regretted leaving it for the XL when 4A software availability started drying up (which took place much faster up here). I was told that could re-kindle my early computer flame as long as it remained contained in one small corner of the dining room (and really that's the only place it COULD fit).

Problem is, I'm getting pretty itchy to re-acquire my second great computer love (the ST), and I don't think my marriage (or my budget) would survive it. In truth, the real problem is that I'm no longer sure if I care, since downsizing to a single bed, and ditching all the wife's tchotchkes (and fracking shoes) would provide more than enough room to fit a second vintage system.

(heck her sandals alone would provide space enough for a UNIVAC!)

I have my stuff relegated to the corner of my computer desk which is really a 3 ft long table. ;) some adjustments to my setup have been... made.

Welp, snagged an untested console in box. Untested due to no cables or power supply. $23.49 total with shipping. *fingers crossed dtiak*.

Works flawlessly! It just arrived. Step one, power audio and video connected, powered on went in to BASIC, all keys appear working.

Step 2 - Plug in cart and test - PARSEC was the closest one. Hrm, pressing 2 not working. Does PARSEC *REQUIRE* a speech synth?

Find one, plug it in, PARSEC RUNS! I guess it does require a speech synth.

Didn't plug in joystick. Let's play a quick game on Keyboard.

Holycow - 17,000 points. I think that's the best damn game of PARSEC I ever played!

So yeah, I now have a spare console which will be used as my "travel" console. It was for the console only, no rf no power no docs, just the console in the box. *untested*

I consider this a nice deal.

Edited by Sinphaltimus
  • Like 5

Works flawlessly! It just arrived. Step one, power audio and video connected, powered on went in to BASIC, all keys appear working.

Step 2 - Plug i cart and test - PARSEC was the closest one. Hrm, pressing 2 not working. Does PARSEC *REQUIRE* a speech synth?

Find one, plug it in, PARSEC RUNS! I guess it does require a speech synth.

Didn't plug in joystick. let's play a quick game on Keyboard.

Holycow - 17,000 points. I think that's the best damn game of PARSEC I ever played!

So yeah, I now have a spare console which will be used as my "travel" console. It was for the console only, no rf no power no docs, just the console in the box. *untested*

I consider this a nice deal.

Parsec should run without it

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

For anyone in need of the Editor/Assembler, there's an eBay seller who currently has unopened copies: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221668773593

They're also selling a number of other unopened TI software packages, the cartridge expander, replacement keyboards, and other nifty things. Definitely worth a look!

Everything I've seen from that seller (who I suspect is you) has been significantly overpriced. If it is you, then bad on you for trying to secretly pimp your own auctions and doing so outside of the proper forum.

Everything I've seen from that seller (who I suspect is you) has been significantly overpriced. If it is you, then bad on you for trying to secretly pimp your own auctions and doing so outside of the proper forum.

Not a big fan of Zach since he refuses to combine shipping (who the heck would buy multiple items and pay separately for each one to be shipped - doubling or tripling the cost (or more)!!). It's an asinine way to do business, but it IS his business to operate how he sees fit. Just means that while I'd likely have spent hundreds of dollars buying his stuff over the past 3 years, I've only ever spent $49 - and only so I could get at least one cartridge in an original Scott Foresman box!

I once offered to buy one of his PEB's (glad I didn't since I found one in Canada for less than 1/3 of the price - fully loaded) and asked if he would combine the shipping with a couple carts (which would not have increased his shipping costs one penny) and he refused, saying that that's how he makes his money. But hey, it turned out to be his long term loss since I've since acquired everything he has for sale (except Addition and Subtraction 3 - if anyone has one for sale, I'm still looking). Could have bought it all from him, but didn't.

But I don't think he'd stoop to such tactics to flaunt his wares...he's been doing it too long to bother... Also keep in mind that although his prices are half way to the moon, everything he sells IS new in box (which matters to some people)

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1