IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Buckeroo Banzai for $219.99!! I assume its that high as its shipped from the 8th dimension...

Just so you know, the guy who sells the adventure series games list them ridiculously high to keep re-sellers at bay (at eBay?), but if you contact him you might be surprised how low he's willing to sell these items. He doesn't give them away, but don't let the listed price scare you off.

But you're right, I had something shipped from the 8th dimension and it cost me a fortune in postage, duties and taxes. Not only that, but because of some Quantum entanglement thingy (insert techno babble here) the cartridge only existed if I looked at it. I looked away one day, and it ceased to exist. That's OK though, because it was Picnic Paranoia, so who cares.

• Like 1

Everything I've seen from that seller (who I suspect is you) has been significantly overpriced. If it is you, then bad on you for trying to secretly pimp your own auctions and doing so outside of the proper forum.

No, it's not me. I'm just getting back into the TI-99/4A now, as it was my first computer as a kid. I thought the prices of the stuff I looked at seemed reasonable for unopened computer software that's older than I am. I bought the Editor/Assembler from him because I'd really like to have a copy, but if he's been known to be overpriced and a jerk about shipping, then it'll be my last purchase from him. I certainly didn't mean to cause problems for anyone or lead anyone in a wrong direction.

• Like 1

No, it's not me. I'm just getting back into the TI-99/4A now, as it was my first computer as a kid. I thought the prices of the stuff I looked at seemed reasonable for unopened computer software that's older than I am. I bought the Editor/Assembler from him because I'd really like to have a copy, but if he's been known to be overpriced and a jerk about shipping, then it'll be my last purchase from him. I certainly didn't mean to cause problems for anyone or lead anyone in a wrong direction.

Is Zach more expensive than buying used vintage software.hardware, woah, yes he is, but as I said, he isn't selling "used"! If you buy a PEB from him, you're gonna pay a huge premium, but no one ever used that PEB before!! Who knows how many owners the used one has gone through. (A far less important point with software, but still, NIB costs more)

Do I dislike his no-combined-shipping policy, yes because it makes no sense, results in severe overcharging, and completely disregards even a modicum of customer service...but I'd still buy a single item off him if I wanted it, and was willing to pay his price.

You caused no problems, and we're all old enough (geriatric really) to govern our own decision, so don't worry about leading anyone anywhere...

but I DO want to make sure that my comments do not dissuade you from making further purchases from someone who you have had a successful experience with. Only your own experiences should sway your decisions.

Anything he sells that you can research sold items on (yes even sealed) will show his prices significantly higher.

In general, I really do agree with you. (although the $47 sealed E/A package that Kaigan bought was a fair deal),

I was just saying that unless someone is actually ripping folks off (not shipping, selling damaged goods etc), the personal decision of whether or not to buy from a particular eBay seller should be just that - a personal decision, and not based on any comments I might make about my own experiences.

I'd be interested in an EA depending on the price. Opened and used would probably be more in my price range if that's what you have. I also have some funds in my paypal account so now that I'm thinking about it I should order a nanopeb case.

Being so close to the border, you might want to activate int'l shipping (without Global Shipping Program please)

Wrote you a message on eBay. Would like to make a few bids, but sez you might not ship north of the border.

there are at least 4 items there that will be decided in the last 1-2 seconds.

When rareties open with a starting bid of 1¢, you can be sure that the people who really want it are not going to even bother bidding until the sniping starts. Dumb, I know, but it's how eBay works. I only bid on such items when I'm certain I'm willing to pay more than anyone else, placing a ridiculously high bid right at the offset (I got a CIB Diagnostics cart for $90 by bidding $200 right off the bat - I knew no one would bid that high, but it ensured I'd get it for within my price range without it being snipped for $1 more than my maximum in the last second.)

To put things in perspective, I'll be shocked if Red Baron or St Nick will sell for under $100 US each. Munchman II and Black Hole probably $50-$75.

Luckily I got Spad XIII on disk for $25 CAD earlier this year, so the temptation - and amount I'd be willing to pay - for Red Baron (which , if I'm not mistaken, is the same simulator) is greatly reduced.

Edited by PeBo

that St. Nick cart is super appealing to me- i don't see the Funware stuff come up (particularly that one) often but it makes me sad that it might go that high, lol (but definitely good on the seller)

one of these days i will have a (mostly) complete Funware/Atari set.

Well of course it is. He joined our site and found this thread just to pimp his auction. Who knows how many other places he posted to do the same thing.

I'm glad he did though...

Because he didn;t activate the int'l shipping option, none of his ads showed up on eBay.ca, so I would never had known he had listed them.

(I never log into eBay.com....too many people WON'T ship outside the US there).

Edited by PeBo

Yeah, I'm out. Hit my disposable max because I'm dreaming. I have vacation coming up or else I'd be all over the big bundle bidding to the last second.

I made one conservative bid on a cart that I don't think will survive to the end (miracles do happen though...I got a Junkman Jr cart w/manual for $25 last year!!). Luckily I already had everything in the big bundle (one nice thing about being a TI collector - there are a small number of original carts, so the initial spending spree slows down with time - and I'm only still missing three TI-distributed carts,:each of which would never be in a big bundle like that)

But really it was seriously bad timing because DataBioTics carts are always VERY tempting for me. I have a vacation coming up at the end of next week, and my subscription renewal for my NLL season seats is due by June 30th (unless I'm willing to pay next seasons prices, which I'm not), so additional disposable funds are non-existent.

I do wish folks would use the marketplace forum here on AtariAge instead of eBay though... I prefer a simple make-an-offer, which is then accepted or rejected, than suffering through the fake auctions on eBay - especially if no "Buy Now" is on offer. I have also never been ripped off my anyone in the Marketplace. Can't say the same for eBay/

Edited by PeBo

that St. Nick cart is super appealing to me- i don't see the Funware stuff come up (particularly that one) often but it makes me sad that it might go that high, lol (but definitely good on the seller)

one of these days i will have a (mostly) complete Funware/Atari set.

Took me about a year to complete the Atarisoft CIB's (still missing the Jungle Hunt Box, as I've mentioned elsewhere), and I am still missing the usual suspects of the released funware carts (Video Vegas and St Nick). But they do tend to ALL fall into one's lap eventually if you really want them!

I will say this for Zach. People may feel his prices are expensive (I can't yet bring myself to drop $400 for a PEB), but I, too, ordered an Editor/Assembler package from him (I wanted a beige cartridge) and he shipped it within 20 minutes of me placing my order. Now I may have caught him at a very convenient time, but I can't argue with that level of service.

• Like 1

Maybe I've been lucky, but I find shipping is very fast the vast majority of the time...(only once or twice have I had to wait more than a day or two after payment for the shipping to be initiated) Charles (Buddy Bear) has actually shipped to me before receiving payment once, because he knew I was in a fix. (my 32k card had died, and I wrote to him to see if he had one. It was shipped before he told me how much and listed it for me!)

Now THAT is service (and I DO recognize that it was an isolated case, unlikely to ever repeat). Zach in your case was just doing what any good eBayer should always do..

• Like 2

Maybe I've been lucky, but I find shipping is very fast the vast majority of the time...(only once or twice have I had to wait more than a day or two after payment for the shipping to be initiated) Charles (Buddy Bear) has actually shipped to me before receiving payment once, because he knew I was in a fix. (my 32k card had died, and I wrote to him to see if he had one. It was shipped before he told me how much and listed it for me!)

Now THAT is service (and I DO recognize that it was an isolated case, unlikely to ever repeat). Zach in your case was just doing what any good eBayer should always do..

I've had good experiences with Charles (buddybear) also- he sent me a DOA Slymoids cart that he was more than happy to replace for me.

• Like 2

and to change the subject completely...

holy poopdeck pappy, eBay has suddenly become very very dangerous! I'm actually thankful I'm currently tapped-out or I'd be spending mad fiend (OK, spending a teeny bit more than usual like a mad fiend, he types under her evil glaring stare.)

Not even worth trying to pick a particular item to link to (although this is certainly mention worthy), just too much temptation to focus on any one auction (although this one draws focus quite nicely).

So consider yourself warned, stay away from eBay oh ye of little willpower, well developed excuse creation skills, and/or budgets that can be juggled to make it work (I mean c'mon, are food and shelter really an imperative?)

(even when you have children with spare bedrooms?)

(and after all, the TI collection IS all for the grandkids isn't it!)

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1

It is funny that you hit both of the auctions I'm bidding on, PeBo. . .and on the TMR board, I was the underbidder the last time it was sold, so maybe I'll have better luck this time. It is one of a very small number of TI boards that I don't have yet. . .

• Like 2