IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

It's a ram device for the cart port that will let you load/save rom space and grom space. And console grom space.

It is quite useful but only does 80k of ram max. The auction doesn't state the ram size I think.

If you watch this video you can see my custom groms booting to a menu that had sw loading from my hard disk via gk.

https://youtu.be/2pdAUQ899jA

I used it a lot until xb27 suite and run became avail on ubergrom.. With the grampacker sw as patched dm1000gk I could load xb and ea5 programs direct from dm1000.. Very convenient.

http://mainbyte.com/ti99/hardware/gram/gramk.html

Greg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah the gk is also responsible for almost all of the quality cart dumps as you could plug in a cart on top and then load the gk grom and hit save cart space.

I stupidly saved all my carts as a teen and and sold them off. Great for using the gk as I could load them in there but bad for collecting so I've slowly been acquiring the carts again.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 2

1st rule of effective marketing: Presentation is everything.

OK it's a Nintendo auction, not a TI auction, but I found the lay-out of the photo in THIS ad to be truly stand-out (!) and should be used as an example to all other eBay sellers on how to create real desire for their items.

I don't own a Nintendo system, but for some reason, I found this Legend of Legend of Zelda Gold cart so very tempting (although the description does not specify whether or not the cartridge comes WITH the holder, which would be a couple of major selling features!)

<heavy sigh!> (or am I panting?)

• Like 2

OK it's a Nintendo auction, not a TI auction, but I found the lay-out of the photo in THIS ad to be truly stand-out (!) and should be used as an example to all other eBay sellers on how to create real desire for their items.

Ah, OK, now I saw the game in the photograph. Took quite a while, but if you concentrate enough, it seems to appear just out of nowhere. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CorComp-PDM-99-Command-Module-Texas-Instruments-TI-99-4A-/122551745340?hash=item1c88a73b3c:g:G3YAAOSw~e5ZREIB

$129.95 for this 8K diagnostics module. Holy crap.

Man, I need to start looking at how much I want to keep my modules. I have them all in ROM format anyway. LOL

Damn. I know I got two of those! Never knew they could go for that.

I'm curious...how much is shipping on this item to your neck of the woods??.

I ask because I find buying things from eBay.fr, ebay.co.uk, ebay.it or ebay.de, the shipping is always half or less of what I would pay having something shipped from as close as Buffalo (just over 2 hours away)

This auction is a perfect example, with the box size and weight, $20 shipping to Toronto Canada is mighty darn cheap (probably between $35-40 to ship to me from the US border states!)

Might just be that USPS and Canada Post is crazy expensive (unions? competition from couriers? profiteering?), but shipping between Europe and Canada is unexplainably cheap, and wondered if the same holds true for Europe to US shipping.

(also rare cartridges rarely hit the insane price-points they do on this side of the pond)

Edited by PeBo

I'm curious...how much is shipping on this item to your neck of the woods??.

I ask because I find buying things from eBay.fr, ebay.co.uk, ebay.it or ebay.de, the shipping is always half or less of what I would pay having something shipped from as close as Buffalo (just over 2 hours away)

This auction is a perfect example, with the box size and weight, $20 shipping to Toronto Canada is mighty darn cheap (probably between $35-40 to ship to me from the US border states!)

Might just be that USPS and Canada Post is crazy expensive (unions? competition from couriers? profiteering?), but shipping between Europe and Canada is unexplainably cheap, and wondered if the same holds true for Europe to US shipping.

(also rare cartridges rarely hit the insane price-points they do on this side of the pond)

$31.66 USD for the item plus $19.00 USD for shipping. Why I can't take it.

You'd cry if you saw what I have to pay for shipping with EVERY purchase from the US! (the breakpoint of size and weight means that 1-3 cartridges (without box or manual) are the same price, and that price ranges between $11-$35 depending on the sending state) If the seller has signed up for the global shipping program anything under $20 US is free, anything over $20 US and it usually about another 2/3 to the price of the item.

So three $40 cartridge is going to cost me $120 for the items, a minimum of $11 for shipping (if I'm lucky enough to find it from a border state - usually closer to about $25) then another $80 for the Global shipping program.

The GSP is designed to cover duties and taxes, but they ignore the fact that under NAFTA, there is no duty* on used software between the US and Canada.

Living north of 49° makes TI collecting 20% cost and 80% shipping!

*there is duty for software entering Canada on the medium itself, based on current value (so based on the price of a BLANK disk or cassette) and there is also duty on the transfer fee of any existing and valid user licences. As far as I know, there are no licences for using 4A software that remain (technically) active.