IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

This one isn't cheap, but there are a couple of items in the lot that do increase the desirability of the lot. It has two DBT game cartridges, which are good, but it also has a hidden gem: an Othello cartridge with the Purple label. Most Othello cartridges were either with the Black, TI-style label, or with a Red label. Purple ones are actually pretty hard to find. . .and note, it is definitely NOT the Control Data version of the PEB.

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 2

Not sure if these have shown up on the US ebay site, so I've linked to the sellers page instead of individual auctions.

I have dealt with the seller "Lachacore", on several occasions and he is VERY reputable and always has reasonable prices. Anyway he has just posted a virtual cornucopia of cassette titles, many (like Ice Hockey and one of the Fun Packs(!!!)) rarely see the light of day. He has them priced between $2 and $10. Many with manuals!

I'm currently broke, but if anyone else is interested, it would be nice to pick a few of these up, and convert them to disc so as to keep these BASIC & XB programs in active circulation. Cassettes may not be the most collectible of TI software, but it would be a real shame to see some of these titles disappear for lack of interest.

http://www.ebay.ca/usr/lachacore?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

• Like 1

Not sure if these have shown up on the US ebay site, so I've linked to the sellers page instead of individual auctions.

I'm currently broke, but if anyone else is interested, it would be nice to pick a few of these up, and convert them to disc so as to keep these BASIC & XB programs in active circulation. Cassettes may not be the most collectible of TI software, but it would be a real shame to see some of these titles disappear for lack of interest.

I will bid on some on them for sure, also if i already seen that there is already an hard bidder on them... the same that won the Control Data PEB auction :( almost impossible to win

EDIT:

anyway very few of them missing from the GameBase :)

Edited by ti99iuc

Definitely a QI.

Whether it is late enough to be a V2.2 remains to be seen - seller hasn't replied.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-TEXAS-INSTRUMENTS-TI-99-4A-HOME-COMPUTER-w-Box-AC-Adapter-Software-/352161775800?roken=cUgayN&soutkn=hLmzj1

It has been my experience that a lot of "untested" merchandise sellers simply have no idea. They are often re-sellers or found the box among long forgotten stuff in the attic/basement and know little about it.

Edited by PeBo
  • Like 1

It has been my experience that a lot of "untested" merchandise sellers simply have no idea. They are often re-sellers or found the box among long forgotten stuff in the attic/basement and know little about it.

It isn't for everyone, but I've found some amazing well-preserved consoles ... most needed nothing and a few needed minimal components and solder work.

The "closer" to home the better because it's usually the shipping that dooms the deal. :grin:

• Like 1

Definitely a QI.

Whether it is late enough to be a V2.2 remains to be seen - seller hasn't replied.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-TEXAS-INSTRUMENTS-TI-99-4A-HOME-COMPUTER-w-Box-AC-Adapter-Software-/352161775800?roken=cUgayN&soutkn=hLmzj1

I was gonna say.. the silver 'fingers' are dead giveaway. :) id be curious, too, if it's a v2.2!

• Like 3

Most people who care about this machine are getting older, some even dying, others who want to play on 'real iron' are getting multicarts like the FinalGROM99. Will the next generation who has no emotional or nostalgic ties to the TI even care about an obscure game for an antique TI?

Our beloved TI is an interesting part of personal computing history. I'm sure there will be some form of interest once all of us emotionally attached nerds die.

The ArcadeShopper Multi-Carts, FlashROM99, and FinalGROM99 were why I gave a bunch of carts away. To each his own I suppose. I get you Omega.

• Like 1

How does one tell if it's v2.2 from looking? Serial numbers or any way to tell from photos?

According to MainByte's pages anything AFTER August 1983 (week code LTA3183 serial number) + beige console + IO port contact fingers + keyboard metal shield (visible through bottom air vents) is a POSSIBLE candidate.

With that said, my latest dated QI (non-V2.2) is one bearing LTA4883. ::shrugs::

According to a few superstars here, it was a pretty mixed bag rolling off the assembly line as the standard parts ran out and the cost-reduced ones began making their way out the door.

I too am anxious for people to share their earliest dated (cutoff) V2.2 serial numbers here as well ... would bet :? they are all LTAXX84s until production ceased! Assume nothing. ;-)

I'm finding that I don't need end labels for cartridges anymore since the FinalGROM99 pretty much has everything I could ever want to use on it. In fact my Tutankham cartridge (pictured below) just resides in a drawer unused. :( I'm hoping someday to find a reason to recycle the UberGROM it's on.

gallery_35324_1027_94122.jpg

I'll buy it from you if the price is right :-D

I'll buy it from you if the price is right :-D

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I could make the price 'right' for you. On top of the UberGROM and case, that particular game also required an Atmel Atmega 1284P in addition to the AT49F040. If I just added $6.00 shipping (flat rate box) on top of my costs, I cannot imagine the price would be attractive to anyone for a used cartridge.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I could make the price 'right' for you. On top of the UberGROM and case, that particular game also required an Atmel Atmega 1284P in addition to the AT49F040. If I just added $6.00 shipping (flat rate box) on top of my costs, I cannot imagine the price would be attractive to anyone for a used cartridge.

:thumbsup: