3193 replies to this topic

#3176 jedimatt42 ONLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• 1,405 posts

Posted Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:45 PM

Yes that's the point.. It don't work that way

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Are my questions to the seller public? as I ask them why he calls it loaded without a Flex Card, and inform him that he'd be better off selling the 2 extra 32k cards separate. 

And the 'reviews' confuse me... they sound like product reviews for other products... so maybe they are supposed to be seller reviews?  I've lost touch with how community works on ebay. 

-M@

#3177 Pheonix OFFLINE  

Pheonix

Chopper Commander

• 117 posts

Posted Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:48 PM

Yes that's the point.. It don't work that way

OK, thanks for saving me from more research :)  Back to looking for a SAMS, or such, card.  I have a list here somewhere with the one I wanted.  Had lots of features :)

#3178 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,869 posts

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:08 AM

OK, thanks for saving me from more research :)  Back to looking for a SAMS, or such, card.  I have a list here somewhere with the one I wanted.  Had lots of features :)

SAMS is the one you want. 1mb and the base 32k

#3179 helocast OFFLINE  

helocast

Chopper Commander

• 141 posts

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:33 AM

Please, correct me.  I thought having multiple 32k expansion cards didn't do any good?  Or was RAM paging built in somehow.  Going to have to go researching again, but I could swear that the only way to get more was with the cards that did their own paging.

I'm sorry for combining a humorous find with the serious, even separating the tongue-in-cheek one, it wasn't my intent to mislead that the first link was valid configuration.

I forget there are some welcome new members that might not catch my eBay sarcasm. ;-) 

#3180 helocast OFFLINE  

helocast

Chopper Commander

• 141 posts

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:38 AM

Are my questions to the seller public? as I ask them why he calls it loaded without a Flex Card, and inform him that he'd be better off selling the 2 extra 32k cards separate. 

And the 'reviews' confuse me... they sound like product reviews for other products... so maybe they are supposed to be seller reviews?  I've lost touch with how community works on ebay. 

-M@

The seller decides whether individual questions people ask are listed publicly or not ... and yes the reviews are about the seller's track history, but may not have anything to do with the sale category they appear on

#3181 jedimatt42 ONLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• 1,405 posts

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:43 AM

Cool, thanks. I like to ask them questions when their listings don't make sense.

-M@

#3182 helocast OFFLINE  

helocast

Chopper Commander

• 141 posts

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:00 AM

Cool, thanks. I like to ask them questions when their listings don't make sense.

-M@

You're welcome, Matt.. I try to ask questions of the sellers before I post the links here to what I think are things the community may be interested in. If sellers don't reply with details or I discern I'm dealing with a collector that has simply no idea what they are selling, I not only won't bid/buy but I won't put AA members through the pain of having to get the info themselves.

Doug

#3183 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,087 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:15 AM

hmm, what happens if I connect 1 PEB with 2 FlexCards to 2 Ti´s ?  :? :-D

#3184 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 4,604 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:34 AM

hmm, what happens if I connect 1 PEB with 2 FlexCards to 2 Ti´s ?  :? :-D

Like dividing by zero.

#3185 mizapf OFFLINE  

mizapf

River Patroller

• 2,898 posts

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:47 AM

Smoke.

#3186 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

오메가

• Topic Starter
  • 11,174 posts

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:12 AM

Interesting concept... TI Server?

Ya know... I wonder... what if... someone had made made a TI to TI Server Card for the P-Box back in the day?

Let's see....

1) A server card for the P-Box with WiFi-like capability.

2) A WiFi-like add-on for the then 32K sidecar or internal modification.

One TI could have served multiple TI's wirelessly.  Back in the day, that would have been so cool when many of us still used the TI as our primary system and even had a lesser unit in a different room of the house.  It would have saved a few bucks and encouraged further development.  Oh what could have been.  :)

Now day's we'll have TIPI and all the yet unknown places it'll take us!  :thumbsup:

#3187 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 4,604 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:09 PM

This eBay Seller: philipr2 has some interesting TI items up.

#3188 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 4,604 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Yesterday, 11:14 AM

Who was looking for a Horizon RAM Disk?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 292461772795

#3189 acadiel ONLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,162 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Yesterday, 11:17 AM

Smoke.

Correction:  Magic smoke!

#3190 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 4,604 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Yesterday, 1:02 PM

Correction:  Magic smoke!

This is true.  It has been a closely-guarded secret for many decades that all electronics actually run on magic smoke.  If you let that smoke out they stop working.

#3191 helocast OFFLINE  

helocast

Chopper Commander

• 141 posts

Posted Yesterday, 4:47 PM

Who was looking for a Horizon RAM Disk?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 292461772795

1986 variant? Seems like it should be 384KB, but a little hard to count stack ups in the pictures.

#3192 Vorticon ONLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 2,997 posts

Posted Today, 12:09 PM

So I decided to sell my Geneve board as I never got the time to actually learn how to use it. I had acquired it 2 years in a non-functional state the the Chicago Faire and fixed and upgraded it with the help of Tim.
I'm not a collector, and if I don't use something, I either donate it or sell it so at least someone else might benefit from my stuff.
I posted the auction on Ebay eBay Auction -- Item Number: itm/152922192157?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649, and litterally 10 seconds later someone buys it and pays for it! Wow! Never seen that before :)

#3193 Swim OFFLINE  

Swim

Star Raider

• 99 posts

Posted Today, 12:20 PM

So I decided to sell my Geneve board as I never got the time to actually learn how to use it. I had acquired it 2 years in a non-functional state the the Chicago Faire and fixed and upgraded it with the help of Tim.
I'm not a collector, and if I don't use something, I either donate it or sell it so at least someone else might benefit from my stuff.
I posted the auction on Ebay eBay Auction -- Item Number: itm/152922192157?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649, and litterally 10 seconds later someone buys it and pays for it! Wow! Never seen that before :)

You just never know. I've posted stuff at the same price I paid for it and didn't get a bid then other times I got three times what I paid. 

#3194 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 8,814 posts

Posted Today, 1:54 PM

Oh man!!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ebay, TI-99/4A

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users