IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

I hope he's not too sketchy- I just bought 5 broken 99's from him for $15.00. (shipping is where he got me- $60.00) I'm hoping to fix my non-QI sytem so I can use my FinalGROM. The description said "keyboard issues". I just "won" yesterday, so I haven't received them yet. If it doesn't pan out I guess I can chalk this up to the proverbial "stupid tax".

Here's another one from our "favorite" eBay vendor. I can provide you with the same thing for $14 total (including shipping). That happens to be a lot less than the ones he's listing. I sold them to him for that price - I recognize my labels.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TI-99-4A-80-TRACK-Disk-Controller-UPGRADE-EPROMS-Kit-Texas-Instruments-TI99/152947643425?hash=item239c63d421:g:QkMAAOSwrLRawYNV

• Like 1

In this case, there is not too much Mr. Ross could have done to damage/destroy the cartridge. It is pretty much unknown outside of the hardcore users who frequent AtariAge and ArcadeShopper's site, so if nothing else, he's bringing a bit of attention to the TI homebrew market. Maybe I should put some of the other new homebrews up there priced to cover the costs of production and to cover the eBay/PayPal fees. . .most importantly though, none of the new stuff is "rare," as new ones are built to demand for the most part, and those that aren't had relatively large production runs of 50 or more cartridges. That is way more than the number of survivors for the truly "rare" TI cartridges. Of course, most of the non-game rare cartridges with 10 or less survivors have trouble even getting bids in the $100 range, even though their value would be a lot higher than that based on their rarity. All of the Scott Foresman Management modules fit into this category, as I don't think there are more than 5-10 copies of any individual title left in existence, and most of those are loose cartridges without the binders and manuals. I have most of them as complete packages, but most of that was a lucky buy back in 1998 from someone who bought a set of every title Scott Foresman still had in stock shortly before they junked their entire remaining inventory. Unfortunately, they were sold out of a few of the titles they actually did produce, so I've been slowly hunting down copies of the ones I'm missing ever since. . .

• Like 1

maybe i'm just being surly tonight, but it seems kind of lame to charge $20 bucks for a copy of a disk game. (Not that Zork isn't freaking awesome)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zork-I-The-Great-Underground-Empire-TI-99-4A-1984-DISK-MANUAL-RARE/263648483759?hash=item3d62ac99af:g:~6UAAOSwa0VaOZkV

WTF!

Okay, it's question time...

Does anyone have a copy that could be turned into a FR99 .BIN? Does anyone have a copy of the manual?

I'm feeling a STRONG NEED to have this available for the TI community here for FREE.

No all the infocoms need disk for datafiles..

And they are all on whtech

Greg

WTF!

Okay, question time...

Does anyone have a copy that could be turned into a FR99 .BIN? Does anyone have a copy of the manual? I'm feeling a NEED to have this available for the TI community here for FREE.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

They are also all here, where a few of us uploaded copies during past week or two, with interpreters for 40 and 80 columns.

In cartridge form? Okay guys, PLEASE help me out and throw me a bone when a new cartridge is ready. I admit it, I cannot follow every thread and I have other issues and things going on too. If you post a new .BIN, please send me a PM so I can link to it. The FR/FG 99 thread gets a lot of action and helps people that may have missed or overlooked something... but it's only as good as it's links.

• Like 1

In cartridge form? Okay guys, PLEASE help me out and throw me a bone when a new cartridge is ready. I admit it, I cannot follow every thread and I have other issues and things going on too. If you post a new .BIN, please send me a PM so I can link to it. The FR/FG 99 thread gets a lot of action and helps people that may have missed or overlooked something... but it's only as good as it's links.

No, sorry, someone would have to convert the various programs to a cartridge format, and you still need the associated data files anyway. This is more a job for disk images or TIPI. The thread I referred to is the Infocom thread where I uploaded an F18A compatible interpreter for most of the released games. There are sites with the solutions and other parts out there.

Appreciate you organizing FR/FG99 thread’s. I often check it out for new stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks - I've been watching eBay for these for a month or so - this one is mine now.

I put my first 910MP (from PC Liquidators) in long-term storage for Midwest Gaming Classic. We used it on the 4A and Geneve (composite only). Long-term storage means I only get it out when the show is held. I am NOT traveling with that thing again.

(I took a full P-Box, disassembled 910MP, Geneve with keyboard, plus my main F18A console on the plane. All but the F18A console and Geneve card went into long term storage.)

Great monitor for the geneve 994a or any other classic tech has composite, vga, rf and rgb input 19in 4:3 ratio. Not my auction

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183205352870

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1