Ebay TI-99/4A

3465 replies to this topic

#3451 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Quadrunner

• 5,222 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:11 PM

What makes Munch Man II $40 less valuable than Beyond Parsec?  Or Beyond Parsec $40 more valuable than Munch Man II??

I have both... CHA-CHING!!!  Also, neither of mine have the label on the top of the cartridge, only on the edge.

#3452 Opry99er ONLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 9,699 posts

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:15 PM

The Atari/NES re-sellers are dipping their toes in the TI-99 waters again... buying up Craigslist sales and trying to turn 1000% profits. This is obviously NOT a member of the community, otherwise he would know that Beyond Parsec is, indeed, not a "VERY POPULAR" game. ;)

#3453 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Quadrunner

• 5,222 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:29 PM

How I feel about that ilk of "collectors": [comment restrained as not family friendly]

Though, to be fair, I have purchased items to resell at a large profit as a way to punish the hipsters who lack connection to a community.  Probably wrong and petty of me but Spencers and Hot Topic does it, so relatively speaking I am no better or worse.

#3454 RickyDean OFFLINE  

RickyDean

Dragonstomper

• 847 posts

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:41 PM

Well it is a very VERY RARE and POLULAR Game - Tested and Working”  :D  :D  ;) 

#3455 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Stargunner

• 1,373 posts

Posted Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:09 PM

chaser2015 is pretty infamous on this board for some of the stuff they've pulled- i don't think i'd buy from that seller. ymmv tho.

#3456 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,310 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:04 AM

Hmpfgrmpf%%$§

:grin:

#3457 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,620 posts

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:46 AM

Chaser2015 is a serial problem. He moves from hobby area to hobby area, building a nice collection, damaging a lot of what he has, and then selling off everything without informing the recipients that much of what he's selling them has been damaged (and hiding that damage in his auction pictures). I have sold him items in the past, and even bought a few items from him, but anything you buy there is really a loaded dice roll--in his favor. He used to be on this board (and eBay) as Cudasales. This particular string of mayhem goes back almost 20 years if you keep following his name changes, with the most common thread being "A+ Certified" attached to most of them (I did that once, tracing things all the way back to a Volkswagen Beetle Forum, but I no longer have any of the data from back before 2009 or so).

#3458 FarmerPotato OFFLINE  

FarmerPotato

Star Raider

• 75 posts

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:39 AM

chaser2015 is pretty infamous on this board for some of the stuff they've pulled- i don't think i'd buy from that seller. ymmv tho.

Oh crud...  I referred my brother to  chaser2015 to unload some unloved  4A items, in Colorado Springs.

Something wasn't quite right about his enthusiastic response to common items.

Fortunately chaser2015 didn't follow up. We will avoid this person. 

#3459 mglafond OFFLINE  

mglafond

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:41 PM

Hey FarmerPotato,  Feel free to put your brother in touch with me regarding the unloved 4A items.  I'm in Denver, and looking to rebuild the 99/4A system I had when I was in my teens. If the items are something I want, and we can work a deal, I can drive to the Springs to meet him and pick the items up in person.

#3460 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Quadrunner

• 5,222 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:53 PM

PHP-1850C floppy drive if anyone is interested.  Asking $20 but taking offers.

#3461 sixsevenco OFFLINE  

sixsevenco

Star Raider

• 53 posts

Posted Today, 1:57 PM

Chaser2015 is a serial problem. He moves from hobby area to hobby area, building a nice collection, damaging a lot of what he has, and then selling off everything without informing the recipients that much of what he's selling them has been damaged (and hiding that damage in his auction pictures). I have sold him items in the past, and even bought a few items from him, but anything you buy there is really a loaded dice roll--in his favor. He used to be on this board (and eBay) as Cudasales. This particular string of mayhem goes back almost 20 years if you keep following his name changes, with the most common thread being "A+ Certified" attached to most of them (I did that once, tracing things all the way back to a Volkswagen Beetle Forum, but I no longer have any of the data from back before 2009 or so).

I live in Denver.  I check Craigslist daily for TI and vintage Macintosh stuff.  I have NEVER seen a single ad/post for TI stuff in Denver, so Craigslist will suggest ads from surrounding areas.  I see Chaser2015's ads every day.  Before I knew better, I almost bought a system from him.  I'm so glad I dodged that bullet.

#3462 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Quadrunner

• 5,222 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Today, 2:05 PM

Given the description, I envision some mongoloid-looking guy with disheveled hair and over-sized hands wearing a shirt too small for him and elastic waist pants, grabbing up everything he can with child-like glee on his face.  Then upon taking them home he starts playing with them and the look on his face changes to that of a child trying to ram a square peg through a round hole.  Then once it "fits" and is no longer useful, he gets frustrated and tries to pawn them off on his friends as "unable to test."

#3463 Schmitzi OFFLINE  

Schmitzi

River Patroller

• 4,310 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Today, 2:27 PM

;-)

#3464 marc.hull ONLINE  

marc.hull

Stargunner

• 1,256 posts

Posted Today, 4:53 PM

So OLD CS1. What did this guy sell you that went bad ? Not taking sides just with a post like that there must be something behind it. Let us know please.

#3465 marc.hull ONLINE  

marc.hull

Stargunner

• 1,256 posts

Posted Today, 4:54 PM

Double post.

Edited by marc.hull, Today, 4:57 PM.

#3466 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

Quadrunner

• 5,222 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Today, 6:01 PM

Not taking sides just with a post like that there must be something behind it. Let us know please.

There is something behind it: imagination!

Other people have given warnings about the brightly-colored frog, and therefore I, being a smart predator, have decided not to eat the brightly-colored frog.  A bit like red-heads, ya know?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ebay, TI-99/4A

3 user(s) are browsing this forum

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users