IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Why don't we have a FPGA implementation of a WD1793 yet? :-)

I know, one should not just put up a request here and expect others to do the job; I'd just like to mention that the floppy controllers like the WD series are really well documented, up to the state machine - we implemented them and the HDC9234 in MAME. I guess they definitely score lower on the skill scale than a graphics chip.

Maybe a possible future project?

I was thinking about the WD1773 with the built-in separator. I thought someone was working on such a beast. Would be cool to see one with extensions for higher density modes.

Amiga prices have apparently shot through the roof

http://r.ebay.com/WjGHNe

Or some guys are so in love with their systems that they over price them. Some guys are just plain greedy hoping to win the lottery off of a sucker with more money than brains. Others want to strike when the iron is hot, because you never know, the next new item might make a rare or horded item obsolete and almost worthless.

• Like 1

Or some guys are so in love with their systems that they over price them. Some guys are just plain greedy hoping to win the lottery off of a sucker with more money than brains. Others want to strike when the iron is hot, because you never know, the next new item might make a rare or horded item obsolete and almost worthless.

That is far more than ridiculous. I would like to think this guy is just misinformed and has over-valued his non-accelerated 500. The other options are "greedy" and "stupid."

That is far more than ridiculous. I would like to think this guy is just misinformed and has over-valued his non-accelerated 500. The other options are "greedy" and "stupid."

Yes, it's pure fantasy. Pigs will fly when he's able to sell at that price.

I'm looking at the PDF he has available in the listing (there is a lot more in the PDF that's not in the actual listing). It seems to me the seller is just trying to dump all of this equipment at once, including C64 drives and discs, along with a few items I've not seen before, and trying to get a premium price on it all as opposed to piecing it out. That daisy-chaining on the left reminds me of the TI-99/4 promotional add-ons brochure.

Even with all the stuff he is including, I don't see how anyone would drop that much money on all of that old equipment, most of which can be reproduced with emulation. It certainly appears to be someone's labor of love, but I can't think of too many people who'd pay anywhere near what he's asking.

I'm personally in the market for a newer PC and I'm even hesitant to drop $1500 on that, which I know I'll be getting much more use out of, will come with a warranty, and can run circles around all that hardware via emulation (yeah, I know it's not real iron, but I have 4 working Amigas I can tell you that even my RPi 3 runs much faster than my A4000 040 and much more conveniently). $5800 is a lot to pay for a trip down memory lane. And as OLD CS1 has stated, it's not even accelerated. It will very likely need a re-cap, costing even more money, since it's not mentioned that has been done to it. And since it's not an AGA machine... I guess he can dream. More power to him if he gets even close to the asking price.

I'm looking at the PDF he has available in the listing (there is a lot more in the PDF that's not in the actual listing).

Over-valued, then. Oh, and you are a braver man than I am... PDF in the listing? I ain't clickin' that shyte.

Peter is at it again: Rave99 PEB speech adapter with SS in this eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1631584658171?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=163158465817&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

What a joke! For that amount of money it would be better advised to hold out for a CorComp Triple Tech Card. That way, other than just moving the speech into the P-Box for $145.00 + SHIPPING, they would at least get some extra features.

What a joke! For that amount of money it would be better advised to hold out for a CorComp Triple Tech Card. That way, other than just moving the speech into the P-Box for $145.00 + SHIPPING, they would at least get some extra features.

These are pretty rare.. it's not like you see many for sale at all

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Really, what all is on that card? Regulators, a LED, some misc components, maybe a buffer chip? Is that a PAL underneath the Rave label? How much logic is even built into the PAL? Most of the signals are in the PEB, so it has to be pretty minor in what it's function is.

Yeah Greg, I hear ya from a "COLLECTORS POINT OF VIEW", but to me, damn all it lets you do is move the bloody speech into the box, nothing else. I could flush $145.00+ down the toilet and at least get to see something new.

I think it is the collector price, these are some of the once sold on ebay in the past.

post-24673-0-98490100-1532104078_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-08470400-1532104088_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-68435400-1532104096_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-64518600-1532104105_thumb.jpg

i don't think the tripletech will work in the Geneve anyway. That's where the Rave99 shines.

• Like 1