IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

Here's another crazy one...

I have been watching this to see if it actually sells. I would be interested in it for $49.99 (I think it originally sold by Triton for around that price,) but rare or otherwise, it has no value to me at that price.

• Like 1

OOO! That German one is pretty! Nice silver label!

I have seen various post-TI releases of XB. They are the same, from what I understand, only the fact that they were after TI and sometimes in different cartridge form-factors makes them a novelty. None the less, I cannot see them worth any more than double the average going rate for a real TI kit, which has been around $22 for a complete kit.

Both XB (silver Mechatronic) and the XB from MicroPal are binary identical to the TI XB v1.1.
There was however a gold Mechatronic XB2+ which had more memory and the Apesoft routines build in.
For silver Mechatronic XB owners there was also an EPROM upgrade option to XB2+ which included an EPROM chip and a replacement cartridge label to make it gold.
I saw it once in some italian or french broschure.

• Like 1

I like the silver label. It makes me wonder, could a guy could go down to the local trophy shop or a screen print place and get a piece of brushed aluminum engraved or printed to install in the little recessed label area of a standard TI cartridge.

Assuming of course that one is not a purist, but would rather have the cartridge match the console.

$T2eC16dHJGgFFm3KV48eBSLHm-pqVg~~60_12.J

• Like 1

Klaus, a goodly number of the Mechatronic silver label cartridges are really XB2+ cartridges in disguise. Mechatronic had a program where you could send in the cartrifge board for upgrade and they sent the uprated board back--but a lot of folks never changed out the labels. I have two or three silver-label modules in this category!

Note also that the Exceltek Extended BASIC cartridge is also one of those binary-identical versions (there is a seller on eBay that has sold several of them over the last couple of months (and had something like 10 or so of them in total)

Klaus, a goodly number of the Mechatronic silver label cartridges are really XB2+ cartridges in disguise. Mechatronic had a program where you could send in the cartrifge board for upgrade and they sent the uprated board back--but a lot of folks never changed out the labels. I have two or three silver-label modules in this category!

Soooo, buying a Mechatronic could be like buying a lottery ticket...

• Like 1

Speaking of cartridges.... I cannot remember who it was, but if you are still looking for a SET of Atari Cartridges for the TI, you might want to click on this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXTRA-RARE-MS-PAC-MAN-TI-99-4A-CARTRIDGE-FROM-ATARISOFT-LOT-OF-7-/321227157970?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4acaa171d2

As of this posting, they are still reasonably priced! :)

$(KGrHqF,!pEFJCsqBDz0BSWZiylt5g~~60_57.J

Good Luck!

!#$^&@*!?%!!!!!

Dude, I loved your post! That was without a doubt, the most colorful, funny and to the point one I've seen in quite awhile! I feel really for you, as we've all been there, but I gotta tell ya, I was rolling on the floor when I saw that post!, great delivery!

You get my vote for POST OF THE MONTH!

Yeah, those last second auto-bids can drive you cRaZy! I'll keep an eye out for Barrage for you, if I see it I'll send you an email.

• 2 weeks later...

The Funware and some of the DataBioTics carts are getting over $100. Around $500 in some cases. Really irritating for those who want to play and not just own "ultra uber rare" carts. But, that is the game, I suppose. I could just make my own carts with the available ROM images, or just put them on floppy for my own purposes

• Like 1

You're right. Given that there is already a sidecar connector and a power supply, it would make a great enclosure. Time to come up with some neat hardware project he he...

Like maybe house a nanoPEB or CF7+?

But it's real BIG case for just the NanoPEB... the sidecar for TI99 are very large... for the nanoPEB/CF7+ i think it's better to use a smaller box.