IGNORED

TI Related -- Ebay / Heads Up Notice

Omega-TI

The top card looks like it is probably one of the TI TMB EPROM burner cards. The TMB stands for The Mike Bunyard. The connector is for a cable with the EPROM sockets on the end of it. Several of these are in circulation (one is in Germany and I have one as well).

I received a response from him yesterday that he definitely will NOT ship this lot.

Securities is the Securities Analysis cartridge, The one below the Scott Adams cartridge may be a BASIC Support Module. The manual is up on WHT and I also have one of the cartridges. The disk drive is a 5.25 inch Hex-Bus floppy. It will work with the /4A using the Hex-Bus Interface (one is included in the auction), the CC-40, and the 99/8. I have one of these too. They are DSDD, but they format 16-track DD, so there are only 1280 sectors per disk. The two weird non-MBX joystics are probably a set of Analog joysticks, and may not be part of the TI system (or they may work with the MBX).

• Like 1

LOL, you are basically complaining about people who do an auction the way it was intended and complaining about people who don't try and work the system.

If sniped well this lot can sell for far less than 4k. The problem is that people are too anxious to show their interest and place a bid too early in the day, inflating the price. Well that is the beauty of ebay after all, that is why you end up buying things much more expensive than they really should be.

LOL, you are basically complaining about people who do an auction the way it was intended and complaining about people who don't try and work the system.

No, No I am not complaining about how people choose to use Ebay. I am simply stating that showing interest very early on in a system like Ebay is not the best solution. Ebay could modify their software to extend the time by 2 minutes every time someone bids in the last minute. In this way anyone can have a fair chance of putting in a higher price if he deems it appropriate, this is very similar to the normal live auctions which can keep running indefinitely if there are enough people raising the price. Sorry if I sounded that I was not happy with people showing interest early on, I know that it is the correct way to use Ebay.

hmm, these are the rules of eBay.... Everbody knows them, and ao everybody knows when the auction ends.

Everybody is free in how to handle this....Everybody has the same chance..... so this IS fair

If eBay would be changed in the described way, with prolongering the auctions for 2 minutes each time a bid raises higher,

this would end up in something like a total chaos. Nobody would bid 1 cent in the first 7 days, as no gain to do so.

Only the last minutes would count.

This is how old school real life-auctions work, of course, but that is not the eBay-principle.

In this case you also should have to define a starting-time, not an ending-time. So, this would be something totally different.

And eBay is eBay, and within one of the biggest (2nd) auctionator in the world, because they did and still ♪♫ do it their way ♫♪

PS: Not to forget that it is an tightrope-walk for eBay:

On the one hand side the seller, who wants to make most money out of his auction,

and on the other side the buyer, only looking for bargains :)

So this is a very sensible system.

• Like 2

hmm, these are the rules of eBay.... Everbody knows them, and ao everybody knows when the auction ends.

Everybody is free in how to handle this....Everybody has the same chance..... so this IS fair

If eBay would be changed in the described way, with prolongering the auctions for 2 minutes each time a bid raises higher,

this would end up in something like a total chaos. Nobody would bid 1 cent in the first 7 days, as no gain to do so.

Only the last minutes would count.

This is how old school real life-auctions work, of course, but that is not the eBay-principle.

In this case you also should have to define a starting-time, not an ending-time. So, this would be something totally different.

And eBay is eBay, and within one of the biggest (2nd) auctionator in the world, because they did and still ♪♫ do it their way ♫♪

PS: Not to forget that it is an tightrope-walk for eBay:

On the one hand side the seller, who wants to make most money out of his auction,

and on the other side the buyer, only looking for bargains :)

So this is a very sensible system

I agree.

• Like 1

I contacted the guy on ebay, if he is interested in doing an interview for some newsletter. This guy was working right there at TI.

Also asked him, if he is willing to ship at least to US, and that he is limiting the outcome by limiting it to local pickup.

I could identify the lower of the two PEB cards lying around, which has to be a PCode Card.

But I can't find a match for the upper one, must be some unique Card.

Looks like he cancelled the original auction, and it has relisted with shipping as an option... smart.

-M@

The shipping is very reasonable for that massive assortment of mind-boggling goodies.

I'd love to bid on all this stuff, but I'd just be wasting my time... it's way, way, way outta my league. :(

Be sure to read the fine print: The total weight of this lot is 210 lbs. It will be shipped in a minimum of 4 boxes. Estimated shipping costs internationally are $150 per box. Domestic shipping will be less of course, probably on the order of $50 per box for priority mail. Less expensive options are available domestically.

Please note that the calculated shipping costs in the list apply to a single box. ebay from what I've tried will not let me list multiple boxes for shipping.
  • Like 2

ah OK, I found it back now:

So, for the 300$ Special-E/A-Cartridge here, you´ll need this 500$ TI-99/6A

In this combination, you can get the most out of the machine ;)

But the machine is very shy, and does not like to stand in the spotlight...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/321933009976

LOL

• Like 3

What's up with that? Seems unnecessarily rude and hostile. What exactly makes a "casual collector" and why are they worth such disdain?

As was just said by schmitzi, the type of person who has no real practical interest in a particular system but just collects things because they are rare and then sticks them on a shelf never to be seen again, maybe I am old fashioned-but I like to actually use the stuff that I collect.

As was just said by schmitzi, the type of person who has no real practical interest in a particular system but just collects things because they are rare and then sticks them on a shelf never to be seen again, maybe I am old fashioned-but I like to actually use the stuff that I collect.

Ah, then I just mis-understood what you meant by "casual collector". I was picturing the everyday Joe who collects and plays with it (like me) as a "casual collector" and was picturing the guy who just buys it and never opens/uses it as the "serious collector". Now that I understand what you mean I see your point and don't disagree.

ah OK, I found it back now:

So, for the 300$ Special-E/A-Cartridge here, you´ll need this 500$ TI-99/6A

In this combination, you can get the most out of the machine ;)

But the machine is very shy, and does not like to stand in the spotlight...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/321933009976

LOL

Concerning that TI-99/6A, the seller wrote me, that he was on error with that.

So sad about, I´d have liked it, owning a 6A :)

• Like 1