IGNORED

THE!CART... New 128MB FLASH Cartridge

mega-hz

I'll keep you posted about the progress, I hope I can release the fix soon.

The updated logic and software are now (hopefully) finished and currently undergoing internal testing. People seem to be quite busy in December, so I'm not 100% sure if we will release the new logic before christmas.

The new logic fixes a few minor issues and adds a main new feature: an option to disable the main The!Cart configuration registers at $D5Ax. Once disabled, they can only be reenabled by powercycling or by pressing the reset button on the cart. This also improves compatibility: The whole $D5xx page is then available to emulated carts and they work exactly like the original stuff or in your emulator.

BTW: you don't have to update to the new logic, the newer software will work just fine with the old logic too.

In the meantime I'd like to draw your attention to a new feature I recently added to the Atari software. Download the current The!Cart Studio version to get it:

The integrated MyPicoDos supports loading CAR files into the RAM on The!Cart. All CAR files with 512k and below are supported, additionally the first 512k of Atarimax 8MBit CAR files can be loaded, too (the upper 512k aren't available, there's no more RAM on The!Cart :). This feature allows you to quickly test CAR files without having to reflash The!Cart - or even start The!Cart Studio.

BTW: only CAR files are supported, raw ROM dumps without a CAR header don't work. You can, for example, use the Atari800 emulator to convert ROM files into CAR files.

Please report back if you experience issues with the MyPicoDos CAR loader, it's a very new feature and hasn't been tested much yet.

so long,

Hias

Perhaps a dumb question, but logic update needs probably some kind of JTAG cable right? Or is it also possible in a different way?

Other question: I already wrote a few times that it would be fabulous if the ATARIMAX USB-cart programmer could be used for programming. This would increase the speed of programming dramatically. Any chance that would be possible in future, or is it unknown how to use this piece of hardware (with other words: is Steven Tucker sharing technical info about it)?

Thanks

M.

Today I have replaced the standard Java file chooser by an own implementation which uses the native dialogs of the underlying operating system. The main difference on Windows is that now the context menu for files and folder works in the dialog. The main difference on Linux is that the dialog looks like a real file chooser now and not like some crap a teenager did as homework in the afternoon. In addition the display of the banks now adapts better to the available screen size, so the bank blocks are displayed with larger blocks. I also adapted the color scheme and also added a separate color for the user space.

Left new, right old:

post-17404-0-00454200-1386977249_thumb.pngpost-17404-0-16863400-1386977250_thumb.png

post-17404-0-81082500-1386977245_thumb.pngpost-17404-0-59071400-1386977247_thumb.png

post-17404-0-22440400-1386977275_thumb.png

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 4

.....The new logic fixes a few minor issues and adds a main new feature: an option to disable the main The!Cart configuration registers at $D5Ax. Once disabled, they can only be reenabled by powercycling or by pressing the reset button on the cart. This also improves compatibility: The whole $D5xx page is then available to emulated carts and they work exactly like the original stuff or in your emulator......

Top! :lust: :thumbsup:

Hello The!Cart users,

I'm proud to anonunce that images generated with the new version of the Megacart Studio (v5.0) can be used together with The!Cart:

http://www.abbuc.de/~bernd/4MB_FLASH_MEGACART/assets/megacartstudio.zip

http://herale.org/4MB_FLASH_MEGACART

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/215693-new-flash-megacart-by-bigben-available/page-4?do=findComment&comment=2889666

Since The!Cart can emulate Megacart modules only up to 2MB, we have added support for 2MB Images (extra for The!Cart users).

Have fun:)

Marry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Edited by TheMontezuma
  • Like 3

2013-12-26 Small Christmas Update

- About dialog now displays if a newer version of "The!Cart Studio" is available on the web site.

- Genre column now has a sorted drop-down selection for the genres as defined in the workbook options.

- Coloring of banks fixed for entries which span multiple rows.

post-17404-0-48533200-1388086858_thumb.pngpost-17404-0-92283200-1388086862_thumb.png

• Like 3

Happy New Year,

I've been playing with my carts now for a few days.

These carts are amazing!!!

These are the ROMs that I've tried and they work great.

1. Standard 16k and 8k

2. Atarimax 1mb and 8mb

3. Blizzard 16k

4. Megacart 128k, 256k, 512k

5. Switchable Xegs

6. Xegs

7. Williams 64k

There are more formats supported but I have not tried them yet.

On the Studio Software, maybe make it a default to show the "Start Bank" in the tab. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed

and it took me a while to figure out to right click the entrees tab. Or make a "FILES EDIT VIEW TOOLS HELP" menu.

Great software and Hardware!!

Thanks,

Doug

My package is posted at december 13th, and it is still not here in the Netherlands. Anyone else still waiting and waiting and waiting?

It is sent with DHL, and that is Selektvracht here in the Netherlands. The most useless shipping company in the world; by far!

I hope it will show up at last, but I'm afraid this will be another package lost in space due to stupid Selektvracht.

Recieved both my 64Mb and 128Mb cart... will try them soon... thanx looking great...

I thought there was now only one version, the 128MB one. Did you arrange a prototype :P

My package is posted at december 13th, and it is still not here in the Netherlands. Anyone else still waiting and waiting and waiting?

It is sent with DHL, and that is Selektvracht here in the Netherlands. The most useless shipping company in the world; by far!

I hope it will show up at last, but I'm afraid this will be another package lost in space due to stupid Selektvracht.

I got the "you cart is sent" e-mail the 24th of december and received the cart at the end of december. But it was just in my post-box even when it had the registered mail sticker on it. You would think I had to sign for the package but those mail delivery guys don't want to come again when there is nobody home so they try everything to "loose" the package at the first delivery attempt.

Robert

I thought there was now only one version, the 128MB one. Did you arrange a prototype :P

i have made some 64MB and 32MB too, but that was at the beginning.

still are 4x32MB and 2x64MB Carts left.

because of nearly the same price for 32/64/128MB Flash Chips i decided to make only 128M.

a nice little flash-chip with 1GB is laying here :) but it's a serial flash... maybe with a fpga it could convert from serial flash to atari-paralell... but who needs this?

wolfram

• Like 1