IGNORED

Loading STX Files Into STeem

Hello there. I believe this is my first post on this forum, so my apologies if I do anything wrong.

I recently tried to get STX files to load in STeem, but I can't find out how to do it. I downloaded the PASTI dll file and put it in the directory and I get this message whenever I start STeem:

"Pasti DLL 0.2h

Preliminary beta version. Copyright © 2004,2006 by Jorge Cwik."

After that, it takes me to the desktop. From there, I'm not sure what to do. I tried dragging the STX file into the Disk Manager like the floppy disk files, but it doesn't show up there. Does anyone know how you are supposed to play STXs on STeem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

To save on disk space, if you downloaded all the ST games (ST/STX) as compressed (i.e zip) leave then packed/compressed since both versions of steem (i.e. original/debug and the steven segal version) support the zip format for both ST and STX formats

Thats the way i do it anyway, you do save a lot of space

While using ZIPped STX files in Steem is good idea, for ST it may be not good - because then is not possible to write on 'floppies' - image files.

STX is read only. With ST/MSA writing is possible and for instance high-scores of games will be written onto floppies.

Myself don't use packed image files with emulators - today storage space is cheap., so couple GB more means nothing.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an ancient post, but I'm having the same issue as the op. A few posts down the road I see the "I tried your method and it worked, so thanks a lot!", even though I saw no method of making this work described. What do I do to have the STX files show up in the Steem Engine file browser?

The Steem Engine version I have is the latest, as is the version of Pasti.