IGNORED

Ms Snake! is coming

mad4j

Not at all. The 2600 is normally only capable of drawing flawless 48 pixel-wide arbitrary images with players. Wider arbitrary images require other trickery, such as flicker or external hardware assistance, and the 96x2 minikernel uses a form of flicker; here's the comment on the 96x2 minikernel from the manual...

To display a bitmap this wide, this minikernel employs a flicker technique called flickerblinds. While flickerblinds is not as objectionable to most people as regular flicker is, it can still be distracting.

Nothing easily done to do exactly that. You'd need to insert 2 color changes into very specific parts of the kernel, and it's already pretty full.

If you're not using the other player, I think if you use NUSIZ# with far copies you can make a border out of the player by positioning it at the far right border and allowing screen wrap to draw the copy in the left border position. IIRC the positioning for that technique works out right, or very close to right.

Thanks,

very useful clarifications.

I will try to use the second player in order to add some colors.

See you soon,

mad4j

^

Me neither. I'll try it out on my Harmony later though.

PS: Is it just me or does Ms Snake have more than a passing resemblance to Daisy Duck?

Yes, very similar :-) updated the first post of this thread with the cover art!!

I'm updating the titlescreen animation... version 1.0 very soon!

Please,

find attached to the first topic of this thread the updated release of Ms Snake!

Very few changes and two version (NTSC/PAL60 and PAL60). In this release the intro animation should be better but it is bit slow (two seconds eyes open, 1 second eyes closed).

Taking into account my notes, your comments and my free time in the next months.... I realized that this is version 1.0!!!! :-)

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions.

I will be always pleased to receive your feedbacks,

mad4j

Suggestion:

Use the other Player to make a "head."

Make it black so it is a mask. It will look like the red Player0, but green and on the front of Ms. Snake.

Player1:

%00100100

%00000000

%00000000

%00100100

end
Set it over the front of the snake?
post-29575-0-29150700-1379878042_thumb.png
Harder.
If that works, and you want an eye, you will have to use reflection REFP1 = 8, REFP1 = 0, and a second Player1: define for up / down.

Player1:

%00100100

%00001000

%00000000

%00100100

end
2ndP1

Player1:

%00100100

%00000000

%00001000

%00100100