IGNORED

Forum Upgraded

Albert

I just successfully posted using IE9 and IE10, and I use Chrome on a regular basis on all my machines and have been able to post to the forum. I've never had IE10 installed before, so I had nothing cached for it on AtariAge. I'm fairly certain that if you and others are seeing this problem, it's because old JavaScript code is being cached somewhere along the way. Might not even be on your local machine--your ISP could very well be caching, although that is less likely. I'm not familiar enough with Internet Explorer 10 to know how to absolutely eradicate any caches it might be using, and I'm not sure what to recommend if you're still seeing the above error.

I did just try one thing that I saw someone suggest on Invision's support site, but I have no way to test it. Some other people also said a reboot on their Windows machine fixed the problem, after they cleared their cache.

ie_10_aa_post.png

..Al

PS: This also posted with IE10.

Exorcisms have such a long lead time these days... ;)

I rebooted this morning, so let's see if that helped...

Nope.

I mean, you can make all kinds of jokes, but if it's happening to one person who IS technical, it's probably happening to people who are not, too. "works for me" isn't good enough in today's day and age, there are too many systems out there.

Could be an anti-virus interference, I'll try a few other things.

Well... sorry about the previous two spam messages. I had to do TWO things so I can not say for certainty whether one or the other fixed it, or if both were necessary.

First, I opened the Java Control Panel applet, and deleted everything in the Java cache from there instead of from inside IE. When I came back to post again, I still got the 'empty post' error.

I noticed the 'configuration' gear icon at the top of the editor, so I selected that, and as I often paste, I enabled "paste as plain text by default". After that, I entered the 'test test test' message and it worked.

I noticed that my editor had switched to plain text mode, so I turned the enhanced editor back on, and then that appeared to work. So... it may be necessary on some systems to try those steps... perhaps a bad default setting was saved when I first loaded the editor with the old editor still cached.

As a final test, this message has "paste as plain text" turned off. :)

First, I opened the Java Control Panel applet, and deleted everything in the Java cache from there instead of from inside IE. When I came back to post again, I still got the 'empty post' error.

Just as an FYI, the editor (and forum) use JavaScript, not Java, and these are two entirely different technologies (poorly named, unfortunately). So clearing your Java cache would have no bearing on the forum.

..Al

I know that /should/ be the case. But the editor also /should/ have just worked. I also have Java disabled in my IE web browser. Nobody had any answers, so I merely documented the steps I took, which ended up with a working system. Someone else with the problem will have to try the configuration switch first in order to verify that the java step was not necessary.

I'm telling you that the forum does not use Java at all, so that should have no bearing on the issue. I'm not seeing any reports of anyone else having problems posting now--most of that was yesterday after the forum came back online after the upgrade. If anything, I'd blame Internet Explorer, as clearing the regular browser cache should have fixed the issue. I'm biting my tongue to not make disparaging remarks against IE.

..Al

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw one of your other messages saying to click on the little box in the upper left corner to toggle the BBCode mode. Now it works.

"The AtariAge Forums were upgraded yesterday, and the post editor underwent significant changes. Your browser may be caching old Javascript code, which could break the post editor. Probably a good idea to go ahead and clear your browser cache anyway, as other areas of the forum could also be affected. "

I can post messages, but all the functions like font changes, colors, etc. don't work. Also, in the area where you do your "signature" that appears in messages. I now see HTML code in the editing area rather than just what the signature actually looks like.

I cleared my cache, but it didn't fix it.

Edited by jblenkle

I'm getting quote glitches on the mobile version.

And I was thinking to myself - who is this 'array'' smartass who's been posting in every thread... But I think 'array' might be another glitch, as every thread has 'last post' by array.

Can you please take a snapshot of that and send it to me?

Thanks,

..Al

Not sure if this is a known issue, but when the browser window width drops below a certain threshold, the "Subscriptions" menu item is breaking the layout on both Chrome 29.0.1547.57 and Safari 5.1.9 under OS X Snow Leopard. See attached screenshot.

And yes, I've cleared the cache. :) I had a variant of the post-reply bug -- in my case, I couldn't edit one of my threads and the WYSIWIG editor would fail -- but clearing the cache fixed it.

post-6067-0-53928800-1377548888_thumb.png

Not sure if this is a known issue, but when the browser window width drops below a certain threshold, the "Subscriptions" menu item is breaking the layout on both Chrome 29.0.1547.57 and Safari 5.1.9 under OS X Snow Leopard. See attached screenshot.

And yes, I've cleared the cache. :) I had a variant of the post-reply bug -- in my case, I couldn't edit one of my threads and the WYSIWIG editor would fail -- but clearing the cache fixed it.

Having the same issue

Oh my! In Firefox 23.0.1 I'm having a very strange problem, one time Yesterday and one time today.

Immediately after login, I'm redirected to atariage.com/forums/ but only appears a blank page!!! :-o Needlessly to say, I'm stuck and I've to navigate the forum using Google to locate the forums.

First time I could solve it clearing the cache. But now it didn't solve anything. I'm stuck and I cannot read the main forums page, I can access following level (like Gaming General and Marketplace) but not root.

Edit: I've used the View Source function of the browser and there's nothing served, an empty page. :?

Edit 2: After 10 minutes of reloading, finally the atariage.com/forums/ page appears now. :)

Edited by nanochess

Immediately after login, I'm redirected to atariage.com/forums/ but only appears a blank page!!! :-o Needlessly to say, I'm stuck and I've to navigate the forum using Google to locate the forums.

After looking at the error logs, I think this may have been caused by the Spy (Activity) sidebar, which I have now disabled. If anyone sees a blank page on the main forum index, please let me know.

Thanks,

..Al

• Like 1