IGNORED

Need help with a Fairchild Channel F issue.

ckirk1982

Hay just wondering if someone has ran into this issue. I just aquired an Fairchild Channel F (no games) and when I attempted to play the built in game I get a good picture for about 10 seconds and then orange lines appears on the screen, causing the left paddle to not show on the screen until you rotate the controller. This happens everytime I plug in the console when unplugged for 8 hours. I have opened up the system and exposed the tuner knob or pot as I researched from an old form the best I got is getting the screen from black and white and orange again. there is also another tuner on the rf box you do have to use an hex wrench to adjust but the same thing occurs. From this point I have no way to point out how to fix this or if there is a modern way of replacing some of the components on the motherboard. All I can do is wait until I get a cartridge, but I feel this will be the same result. any suggestions would be great since there is no troubleshooting online. thanks.

post-36831-0-45956700-1377840203_thumb.jpg

post-36831-0-56953900-1377840217_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

A year late, but oh well :)

Most likely a issue in the power supply circuit. Probably the voltage on the 5 volt rail is to low causing video output issues before the RF modulator circuit. there is a IC in the PSU circuit that has a heat sink on it. when this IC starts to overheat, it will cause the 5 volt rail to start to droop and cause video issues.