IGNORED

Mr Chin

Tursi

The BOOT MENU loader program on the ALTMAN:211 disk works just fine for that. In fact I use it to load Mr. Chin, Titanium, and all my other games from Extended BASIC or the Editor Assembler as it works in both.

Thanks. I will have to dig that up. I still have not turned up my E/A module (anyone have a spare?) As well, I am at a conference with my TI in the hotel room hooked up to a 45" TV so I am expecting to play a little :)

TI99ers On-Line User Group under "File Transfers".

...lee

Thanks. Apparently I do not know my user ID, my email address is already registered, and I am unable to retrieve account information by email address. *sigh* It just is not meant to be tonight. So, off to bed and I will try again tomorrow.

I found MINI on Planet-99. It requires the Mini Memory cartridge, but I have a couple so that is not and issue. Thanks, anyway.

I also tried YLOAD, but I was unable to get Mr. Chin or the Atari games disk going on it. I am pretty happy now that I have a non-EA way of running EA/5 programs. Now I just need a way to do EA/3 (Atari disk, etc.) without EA.

Now I just need a way to do EA/3 (Atari disk, etc.) without EA.

Good luck with that! :) Heck, it may be possible, I've never seen it, but if it exists, I'd like a copy myself.

I load my E/A 3 games from a batch file menu by pressing one button under 4A DOS, but then again the Super Cart is a modified E/A cartridge.

Be better off to just convert the EA#3 titles to EA#5. They will load faster and you have more options to load with. ;) Classic99 has a program image save function that could help with that - just load it normally through Editor/Assembler, then go into the debugger and use the save image function. You have to work out the memory regions to save and the entry point, but it has mechanisms to help with that (check the manual).

Incidentally, I was messing around last night with a program to load generic EA#5 code from Extended BASIC (it's based on the scratchpad loader a few of us put together for TI BASIC a few years ago). It's almost working... if I don't go out of town tonight I'll post it this weekend. :)

I found MINI on Planet-99. It requires the Mini Memory cartridge, but I have a couple so that is not and issue. Thanks, anyway.

I also tried YLOAD, but I was unable to get Mr. Chin or the Atari games disk going on it. I am pretty happy now that I have a non-EA way of running EA/5 programs. Now I just need a way to do EA/3 (Atari disk, etc.) without EA.

I most often use FunnelWeb for this purpose, along with the other capabilities it brings to a system with XB and 32K. IIRC, there are 2-3 different loader options. One nice feature is it shows you the defined program names, meaning you don't need to guess what to type (thought you may need to guess which name is the right one to use). If you have a CF/nanopeb, make sure you use the FWEB modified for the devices.

There is an AtariSoft game disk that has an XB loader (YLOAD if I recall correctly) though I do not know if it has ever been uploaded. I would do so but I don't have access to those disks at the moment.

If you have a CF/nanopeb, make sure you use the FWEB modified for the devices.

A modified FWEB for the NanoPEB? That woke me up from my living coma! Are we talking a COM1/V2 version? If so, where would I obtain such a copy? I've never really played with FWEB before; it might be interesting to have something to try out while I'm waiting for the next batch of F18A's to be made.

• 3 weeks later...

We are soon going to be ready to release Mr.Chin CIB for the TI

We will also update our website and put a Ti-99 section

Here is a sneak peak of the box

Hope you guys will like it

Nice indeed. Would this preclude me from posting Mr. Chin on the tigameshelf.net site (when I eventually get around to do it :grin:)?

• Like 1

VERY nice. One request for the final release: the "Munch Man" chime which plays, I think when you earn an extra Chin (as if I need any ;)) is very loud compared to the game music and effects. Can that be attenuated a little?

that chime is from the E/A manual. ;)

the physical media are already shipped, it's difficult to make changes now.