IGNORED

Need A Refresh

kamakazi

I'm going to try to learn the 5200 by playing around with DanB's samples on his website. I've got MESS already setup and have DASM as well. But I haven't used DASM in so long that I forgot how to do it. Would someone please tell me how to assemble ASM files with DASM, by that I mean the command line. Thanks!

On a side note: Windows 7 apparently doesn't let any command line application to go full screen.

You'd probably be better off using MADS or AtAsm - AtAsm is somewhat dated but has had some recent work done.

Fullscreen isn't required for any cmd-line assembler that I'm aware of. The common way we use them these days is via a decent editor which allows calling command-line programs and capturing the output.

Each assembler generally has a readme file or other documentation which explains the calling procedure.

In case you can't find such docs, you can often run the assembler from a cmd-line with either no parms or /? as the parm and get a brief explanation of usage as per other Windows commands.

Here are the defaults I use for DASM in WUDSN IDE:

dasm <sourceFilePath> -o<outputFilePath< -f3 -v5 -l<outputFilePathWithoutExtension>.lst

Error handling and messages in DASM are really bad, so I also recommend MADS/AtAsm

Edited by JAC!