IGNORED

Atari: Product Update

MrFish

I found a "Product Update" sheet included with some documentation I received a while back, which has a number of corrections to the Atari BASIC Reference Manual for the 400/800. I'm curious if these are common items out there and whether or not there are other Product Update sheets for Atari hardware and software documentation? Also, if so, is anybody scanning these in and archiving them?

Edited by MrFish

Here are a couple low res example pages for anyone who has never seen these before.

On the left hand side you'll see the page number and information about the item in question. On the right is the correction, or additional information (in some cases).:

post-6369-0-53723000-1379006923_thumb.png

post-6369-0-96723700-1379006930_thumb.png

Edited by MrFish

One of the additions listed here (first page), was the source of a problem I had last year when writing the font converter for the GUI in Turbo BASIC. It's shown in the additions for using INPUT, on page 25. The problem I was having was that my banked RAM machine language code routine wasn't functioning properly. I figured out what the problem was by referencing Mapping the Atari in relation to the INPUT command, IIRC. You can see the problem listed above. My ML code was being overwritten by one particular line that appeared in font files by Adobe (only) being INPUT which exceeded 127 characters.

Edited by MrFish