IGNORED

Four New Games at PRGE from AtariAge

Albert

We'll be releasing four new games at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo. Here's a shot (well, render) of all four games together:atariage_prge_2013_new_games.jpgAll four will be available in boxed form at the show, and available in the AtariAge Store after.More details soon!..Al

Do I read this correct in that the boxes will only be available at the show? These look fantastic, by the way.

I want all four minus seaweed assault...

I'm pretty sure the sentence above will be said so many times at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo that the multiple echoes will create a vibration so intense that the building will start to crumble. :D

Do I read this correct in that the boxes will only be available at the show? These look fantastic, by the way.

I'm curious too. Are the boxes only available at the show? I would love to get my grubby paws on that Ixiom box. Also, just wondering, do you intend to sell the Seaweed Assault box separate? I already bought the cart a while back... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Im curious about this Ixion . Was it an arcade game only or on other consoles ? Can anyone link any gameplay footage

There is also an unreleased version for Atari 8-bits. The link on AA has some comments from the author: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-ixion_2628.html

This game was also played in the Atari 8-bit high score club.

Never tried the arcade original.

Edited by Fres

There is also an unreleased version for Atari 8-bits. The link on AA has some comments from the author: http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-ixion_2628.html

This game was also played in the Atari 8-bit high score club.

Never tried the arcade original.

The YouTube videos of especially the arcade version of IXION seem to play pretty differently from the Atari 2600 version. While the game mechanics are the same, the focus seems different. The Arcade versions seems to be more about shooting opponents where the Atari 2600 version is more about evading them and concentrating on getting to the collect targets. Using the Kailo Sphere is a key element here. The result is a pretty intense and very unique game.

Unfortunately the difficulty ramp up of the IXION prototype was not well adjusted. The game starts too slow and easy and becomes insanely difficult later on. For ULTRA we have gone through several iterations to make the game much better playable. Meanwhile I really enjoy playing it. :)

I think eventually I will suggest it for a highscore contest.