IGNORED

Selling a few INTV rarer titles in next day or two

slab0meat

With an extremely heavy heart, I will be posting a few of my rarer INTV games for sale within the next day or two. It will be in the AA Marketplace and I will be accepting offers for a few days after that and then sell them. I do not like those kinds of sales, generally, but I don't want to count myself short, or ask too much, especially with a cloudy head.

My wife and I had to make the decision to put one of our dogs down yesterday. Everything was very sudden, and we even went through with an expensive surgery, of which the odds were slim that poor Abby would even make it through. Well, she sure did, and things even looked up for a few hours. As quickly as I was elated, things got much worse, and nothing positive was on the horizon. We had to do what was right for that dog. We have (or I guess it's "had" now) three dogs, and of the three, THIS was my girl and "my" dog. We also don't have that kind of extra money sitting around, and as much as I don't want to do this, this will help out with some of the expense.

I'm most definitely not looking for sympathy, nor am I leaving INTV collecting, I'm just stating my reason so no one thinks I've gone crazy(crazier?) by randomly selling off some good titles.

I will potentially be selling:

Stadium Mud Buggies (CIB)

Congo Bongo (CIB)

Fathom (CIB)

Turbo (CIB)

Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling (CIB)

Defender (sealed NIB)

Triple Challenge (CIB)

Melody Blaster (CIB)

Worm Whomper (CIB)

World Series Major League Baseball (CIB)

edit: forgot Super Cobra (CIB)

I'll bump this when I post in the Marketplace. Pictures may be delayed, as I may post at work and not have the pictures ready. I'm avoiding eBay if at all possible, but we'll see how this goes.

Greg

Edited by slab0meat

Sorry for your loss brother, having to put a pet down is one of the worst feelings in the world. And it sucks 10x if there are kids that grew up with it.

And I know the cash crunch feeling, my cat got hit by a car last week and shattered the tail at the base. It needed to be fully amputated, and had some internal bleeding, that surgery pretty much just ate the budget to get my well hydro-fracked... not good.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, it's appreciated. Just to respond to a few things that were said:

- (this is the second dog I've gone through this with, though this one I was MUCH closer with).. I held her head in my arms the best I could. She was on blankets, and mostly covered in blankets, so there wasn't much else I could hold. I just knew that I always promised myself I would be there for the end of any of my pets. My wife left after the first dose, and I just kept holding her until the second one did its job and she was gone. For all she did for me, being there and holding her is the very least I could do for her. It's an agonizing thing that some people understand, while some never will.

- We have two kids (one close to 3, one 9 months).. tough, yes. Tough to figure out what to tell the older one (my daughter) when she asks for Abby. We told her Abby went to Heaven. My daughter knew/knows Abby was very sick and at the doctor. She still just probably expects to see her again. I'm really not sure what else to say to someone that age who knew and loved the dog, but cannot grasp the concept of what really happened.

- @Ignorama - if you're interested in anything, don't feel bad or weird about it. The total amount this cost us is irrelevant overall, but I'll just say that my collection as a whole would only be a dent in the cost.. but unless we were told some unmanageable number, we do whatever we have to do for our dogs/family. We owe it to them to do what's right, not do it just for our ourselves, but what's right for the dogs. Don't keep them going just to make us happy. Don't let suffering continue, quality of life be subpar, etc. So we incurred a large cost for a surgery, and in the end, that couldn't save her. It's just a shame.

Sorry for the tangent and rambling. I've somehow made this a pity thread, which was the last thing I wanted, honestly. It pains me to write every word about it. The games I sell off will come back around somewhere down the road, with patience.

I've had a few PMs about games, so for the moment, I'm just going to leave this thread here and skip the Marketplace for now, UNLESS a higher-up would rather me put it over there. I'll listen to any and all offers and only want a fair deal for myself and the buyers. I know eBay "sold" prices can be all over the place, so if anyone wants to know value opinions on these games, post away and ask one of the resident experts. I'm going to try and get pictures tonight, though I can't guarantee that.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

It's also unfortunate to see someone have to take a step or two backwards in one of life's pleasant distractions in order to help pay the costs.

It's almost an unfair kick in the teeth on top of everything else.

I hope the sale goes well for you, and that you can reclaim theses items in the future without too much trouble.

• Like 3

Stadium Mud Buggies (CIB) - box OK, inside cartridge holder has tear, two small tape pieces on upper side flaps, manual OK
Congo Bongo (CIB) - box top doesn't close well, cartridge sticker (where game name is) doesn't stick well and I haven't bothered to glue it down
Fathom (CIB) - very good shape
Turbo (CIB) - rough box
Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling (CIB) - cartridge holder has tear, otherwise very good shape
Defender (sealed NIB) - right side of box has some indentation, but overall good
Triple Challenge (CIB) - not perfect, but in pretty good shape
Melody Blaster (CIB) - also not perfect, but decent
Worm Whomper (CIB) - pretty good shape overall
World Series Major League Baseball (CIB) - some wear, decent shape
Super Cobra (CIB) - pretty good shape, though cartridge sticker has some spotting

Pictures aren't great, took them quickly, but I'll clear up any questions as soon as I can, just ask. Flickr set with the pics (both good and bad, I didn't go through every one): http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075447@N07/sets/72157635603181213/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62075447@N07/sets/72157635603181213/ brings you to the actual page.

Edited by slab0meat