IGNORED

Need help identifying this cart - Odyssey? Atari?

karokoenig

Like dendawg said, the Odyssey2 was released as the Philips Videopac G7000, or Schneider 7000, or Radiola Jet 25, or Siera G7000, in Europe the last two mainly in France. Here in the Netherlands it's pretty common, don't know how well they sold in Germany, but they aren't that rare.

The label is different also because it's not an official game of the Videopac/O² line; it's a Parker Brother game. I didn't know third parties used the same style of carts than the regular 0² carts, it's nice :)

For the Siera G7000, I read it was a Belgian brand, so the Siera carts and systems would be found in Belgium more than in France, especially since Belgium use PAL B/G.

Radiola systems are only found in France (as far as I know) mostly because all Videopac systems made in France were made in Radiola factories, not Philips one (tho, Philips owned the Radiola brand and factories); and Philips "cared" about giving their electronic products a "local touch"; you can also find Philips VG5000 and Philips MSX VG 8010 under the Radiola brand.

I prefer the Radiola Jet25 box to the Philips videopac box :

DSCN0247-1024x793.jpg

radiolajet25.JPG

Edited by CatPix