IGNORED

Upgrading 520STF C070789-001 Rev F2 to 1Mb - which components?

joedredd

Hi,

I've bought an Atari 520STF which had a dodgy floppy drive and I've fixed replacing some caps following a thread on this forum.

Now I can load the many games that came with it, I notice many of them require 1Mb so it's time to upgrade. I'm not interested in going larger than that and would like to keep the machine original(ish).

I'm after advice on what else I need to buy as I'm really very rusty on my electronics.

I opened it up and found the attached photos.

Looks simple enough, digging around I decided to order 16 x 256kbit chips TMM41256AP-12 which are Toshiba DRAM of the same spec that's on the board already.

Rather than solder direct to the board I'm going to order these IC Sockets from Farnell which should be OK rather than soldering direct to the board for obvious reasons.

I understand that those brown capcitors are Decoupling Capacitors of 100nf / 0.1uF ? I've no idea what these are - any pointers?

Any idea if I also need three 68 Ohm resistors for CAS and RAS signals - R71, R72, R73 (so I've read!)

If someone could kindly point me to the relative component on Farnell I'd really really appreciate it, many thanks.

post-37009-0-02516800-1379698998_thumb.jpg

post-37009-0-57849600-1379699003_thumb.jpg

Capacitors: 220nF / 0.22µF

Sockets, DRAM and Resistors: correct

Thanks. So are these just normal caps I need then, not these "Decoupling Capacitors" ?

Also I note the resistors are aligned alternately, I assume I carry on the same trend?

Edited by joedredd